New to the board!!

Hi mini riders! I'm new to the board and just purchased my new project this morning. I think I got a very good deal on the bike (although, some of you long time minibikers might not think so). I have been perusing the sight for a while now but didn't want to post until I actually got a bike. Can some one identify the type of bike I'm working with here? I have uploaded several pictures hoping that I can get a little info on the bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup

:

Thanks,
TIM

Last edited:

Oldsalt

It's an Alexander-Reynolds or CAT. The seat has been changed. The brackets on the rear of the frame were attachment points for shocks that attached to the seat to provide suspension for the rider. Really nice machine.

Last edited:
Wlcome. It's an Alexander Reynolds. you can tell by the straight section where the steering head attaches, and the rear mounts.The seat is from Azusa. It should have a longer seat with shocks.

Thanks for all the info fellas. Hopefully I'll get this thing moving in the next two weeks. I want to get it up and running first, then I'll start resto. By the way, I gave $40 for it as it sits. This thing is really solid. From what I can tell so far, it is a Alexander Reynolds mini.

It's definitely an Alexander Reynolds.Heres a link to some similar models.ARCO EASY RIDERS It will give you an idea what the chainguard and such should look like. One of these has the tabs for rear shocks, but no shocks. With yours having sprung forks, it most likely had shocks on the seat too. This is just one year's models. There were a lot of other models too.

Hey blkscorpion80, no disrespect to you,:eek:ut: but listen to the members, they know what they're talking about! It's an Alexander Reynolds! The back tabs on the frame are lower shock mounts. The top of the shocks mount right to the seat. You have the wrong seat set-up on the frame. The scrub brake is original,no jack shaft. This particular Alexander Reynolds frame is rare because of the front and back shocks. Also because the back shocks actually mount to the underside of the seat. If thats all you paid for it you stoled it! Listen to the members ,we're here to help you. Awesome frame!:thumbsup:

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!

Hey blkscorpion80, no disrespect to you,:eek:ut: but listen to the members, they know what they're talking about! It's an Alexander Reynolds! The back tabs on the frame are lower shock mounts. The top of the shocks mount right to the seat. You have the wrong seat set-up on the frame. The scrub brake is original,no jack shaft. This particular Alexander Reynolds frame is rare because of the front and back shocks. Also because the back shocks actually mount to the underside of the seat. If thats all you paid for it you stoled it! Listen to the members ,we're here to help you. Awesome frame!:thumbsup:

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate all of the help that everyone has given me. I may have sounded like I was being an ass, but I'm not. What I meant was.... I have been looking for a couple of days now, and I can't find many articles/write-ups on this particular bike. (I just wanted to know some history on it) Once again sorry If I came off as being unappreciative.:wink:

bandit 40

Hey, blkscorpion80 , check in my photos I have that same frame ARCO EASY RIDER I picked this up at a garage sale for 15.00 with a 3 1/2 briggs :smile:

bandit 40

No sir, Im working on the engine at the moment, using a clone and hopping it up a bit, I hope to get the frame sand blasted when I get my tax return:thumbsup: then Ill start on the paint scheme:smile:

I have a guy that is picking up my frame tomorrow for sandblasting. He is only charging me $20. What kind of paint scheme are you going with?

<-------undecided

bandit 40

Thats A great price!!:smile::smile: Im going with a blood red frame with white shock ends .I havnt got a seat yet im gonna get a custom red and white one made somwhere , and im possibly looking for a set of handle bars in better shape.