New to the site, 1st Mini-Bike

Hi guys I am new to this site. I acquired a Montgomery Wards Mini-Bike frame at a Snowmobile swap meet naturally it is missing some parts most of the mechanical stuff I can figure out where I am puzzled is it seems to have a swing arm but this is where I am missing some parts I think I have a well equipped shop so I can make them but can't seem to find any pictures that match up to the frame I have. Thanks for now SCM

capguncowboy

Is your Ward bike the Gilson version? There are lots of photos out there if it is. The one in my avatar photo is my Gilson two-speed (would be the same as a wards xe525).

I don't have any spare parts at the moment aside from a taillight, but I can provide lots of photos and info. I have an exploded view diagram as well. Just let me know what you need pictures of

Is your Ward bike the Gilson version? There are lots of photos out there if it is. The one in my avatar photo is my Gilson two-speed (would be the same as a wards xe525).

I don't have any spare parts at the moment aside from a taillight, but I can provide lots of photos and info. I have an exploded view diagram as well. Just let me know what you need pictures of
I am not sure if it is a Gilson? I looked all over the frame for some model # or make all I have to go by is the sticker on the front fender says Montgomery Ward. The swing arm part is tubular not a flat bar type. I am thinking there was a Jackshaft at one time because the gear is on the right hand side of the rear wheel. I will see if I can post some kind of picture. SCM

I hope this helps can you tell me by the picture what I have it says Montgomery Ward
If you can give me some idea what I am missing, I know the motor haha, but at the back end. Thanks for now SCM

Last edited:
Trail blazer with a Montgomery Wards sticker on it.

Jackshaft runs where you have the bar. It runs on two sets of bearings and allows the swingarm to move as the jackshaft spins inside.

Last edited:
Nice.. what an ingenious design and such a pretty example of the bike Stangrcr1 has.
It is an ingenious design. Having the jackshaft and the swingarm move in exactly the same plane keeps the chain tension equal throughout the suspension travel, unlike bonanzas and such.... :laugh:

And thanks! I do like that bike!.