Nice finds today

Found a nice old Clinton, a Sears Craftsman Tecumseh and the one in the middle is a Jacobsen 2 cycle. Plus a nice old exhaust. $100 for all. All have spark.

Anyone know anything about this Jacobsen? A part of me thinks its not that old but it kind of does look old. The guy I bought it from didnt seem to remember he had it. I found it under a pile of Briggs. And whats with the air filter in the front with its own intake? WTF?

The Clinton I love. Has "Clinton Karting" decals. Unfortunately one simply disintegrated as soon as I wiped grease off. Anyone know what the rest of it might say?

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Oh and the black Tecumseh will be my first solid state ignition experience. Yay Me!

Great finds. Great seller. Great day.

jeep4me

Some nice motors there.

That Jacobsen was most likely on a piece of commercial equipment. They are built very well and made for heavy duty service. I had one on a mini bike once and it preformed nicely.

Great scores:thumbsup:

Some nice motors there.

That Jacobsen was most likely on a piece of commercial equipment. They are built very well and made for heavy duty service. I had one on a mini bike once and it preformed nicely.

Thanks. Yeah, I cant find jack poop about online!

Some nice motors there.

I notice , after I bought it of course, that the shaft is so short. Was your Jacobsen that way too? Dang... looks like I could never get a clutch on that thing. I get so junk drunk when I go this guys place. Literally mountains of engines to pick through. Hopefully yours was the same and you could get a clutch on it? Blah...

You could mount a 11-12 tooth driver sprocket on the short crank, and with a jackshaft application you could use the clutch to drive your rear wheel.............................Tom.

When you find a solution for your short shaft, please share with the rest of us.:shrug::1orglaugh:
If you have a 3/4" short shaft engine you can run it sprocket out and use an old cut down 1/2" craftsman socket as a spacer which is what I did but I had a threaded shaft. I've seen a shaft cut off another engine and all threaded together then welded and ground smooth. My Son's Rat Bastard Chopper runs a briggs 3.5hp short shaft with my socket spacer and the same clutch has been on it since built, never had an issue.

I will be helping a buddy figure out how to deal with the same Jacobson engine soon, we plan a jackshaft mounted belt driven clutch and just use the pulley it came with on the commercial grade edger it was on. So far it seems like the best plan. We will use a different remote fuel tank, he has several minibike candidates after selling me his best ones. He wants to build a freak bike and I'm all for it.:thumbsup: