no throttle response in Predator 212 engine

stock Pred.212 in a snowblower. Eng. ran fine last winter. This yr. gradually,
the throttle is having less response to any setting and now the governor goes to full open no matter where throttle setting is ? So with the throttle at
idle engine wants to race. I can control the engine RPM by moving governor
arm by hand ! So moving gov. arm by hand to the Rt. engine goes to idle.
Let gov. arm go, it moves to the Lt. to full throttle ! Been on OldMiniBikes's for hrs.
Can't find solution so um here ! Thanks for your help and suggestions.

I had that issue once. It was one of the springs or linkage caught under something. Once I freed it up it went back to normal. In simpler terms check your throttle linkage.

Thanks for your rapid response camjamsdad ! Yeah, been all over OldMiniBikes and
checked many many post concerning throttles and govs. checked and rechecked the suggestions within these threads and end up with the same
governor problem- No matter what " the throttle position " is, the Gov. wants to be full open / full RPM ! ? I'm thinking now it is the malfunction of the gov. inside the engine ? Did the gov. weights inside the engine malfunction ?

IF "If" your external linkage is PROPERLY ADJUSTED, I cannot Emphasize this Enough The problem is internal used to be a very common problem w/Tec.Engines I've been doing OPE motors for 40+ years I kinda doubt the problem is Internal but it is possible,Look up gov adj.on Tec & B&S Engines understand it and check your adjustment
Good luck....Dave

Snowblower ah pull the bowl and clean the Main Jet Engine is likely starving for fuel; Gov says give it more throttle If Gov gear is blasted or linkage is out of adj.IT will REV till it Blasts Off:bowdown:

Look up the honda manual online I could try to explain it but its hard to grasp........W/eng. off throttle is in wide open position as RPM increases fly-weights on GOV gear extend ,pushing on plunger to overcome spring force and slow Eng down.:crying: Basically you have to take out any "slop" in Gov linkage with throttle held open by turning GOV.shaft in arm which should not have moved; IF it wasn't messed with or there is no damage to the gear assy......Dave

Last edited:
Thank You Gentlemen ! After reviewing how the governor operates,
it appears all my engine / governor needed, was a extra return spring from the
governor arm, to the engine case, to help pull the governor arm back to idle.
thanks for your ideas, all who have posted on this site regarding these,
versatile engines !