NorCal mini drag dream

So the other day at work I got a little slow and decided to polish the top of the piston and remove the casting flaws now I know that this will not give a increase in horsepower it will help combat carbon and poss hotspots forming on the piston

.....and it looks better IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Morris code

well after pulling the side cover to install the new piston I found I may have retarded the cam a tooth the last time I assembled the motor this would account for the bent push rods of the earlier post piston to valve clearance was good at 1rpm but when they floated with the stock springs at 5500-6000rpm..... I cant wait for the start up on it

Sent from my iPhone using Morris code

Well it's been five months and some change I had a long list of honey do's and the summer garden to tend to but the other day I got the mini bike bug again my son had his third birthday and my coworker had a little petro that runs so I picked it up for my boy
I ran into some valve spring bind problems and had to clear more of the spring seat
all back together and test started
i used a pressure transducer and shot a waveform of my engine at 2000rpm waveform looks great I'm ready to mount it I will post a video of it running in the morning I need to make a new pipe for it first

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code

Last edited:
mounted it to the frame need to find a good way to fix the header wrap to the pipe I think my son walked off with my clutch so looking for ideas on clutches

got the new clutch installed today will have to make a new spacer for the jackshaft I can't wait has anyone done the break in procedure it tells me to let the clutch cool between heat cycles but it does not give a temp for cooling

found this Subaru h6 idler sprocket 24t chain just happened to fit. I found my old tav driver hub fit perfect on the inside of this sprocket about .004" interfering fit heated the sprocket chilled the hub pressed them together via 20ton shop press.
I then welded the hub and sprocket together I've been playing around with seat ideas
still has a long way to go but I'm liking the cafe style seat it should keep my butt out of the tire
Here is a short clip of it running
No seat
No brakes
No fuel tank
No problem for cousin Jeff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Ov8M2dU5Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player
It pops a few times poss lean misfire will have to do a little plug reading after some more running

made a catch can today

Made a top plate also
I will drill holes in the plate for the hose barbs to go through and hide the breather hoses

Well it's only been like three years collecting some rust and dust in the garage.

This was the seat I started three years ago not great looking

Made a wood frame for the foam and vinyl

Picked up some vinyl and foam yesterday

Vinyl stitched up

I'm happy with it for not being an upholstery guy

I'll snap some more pictures when I mock it up on the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk