Off Road Trails?

So the Doodlebug I bought my son was a huge hit on his 10th birthday today. I can't get him off the thing. I've never seen him so happy or excited to get a present. Anyway, I know the stock motor is small. I'm keeping it stock while he gets used to it better. Although I have to say he's only been riding for a day and he's already zipping around obstacles like he's done it for years.

I'm thinking of investing in a 2nd used one from CL. Something cheapass without a motor in it because I want it for myself (yeah, we're all kids here!) and I was going to put the Predetor 212 in it so it could pull my huge 250# self around.

Has anyone taken these bikes off the road on to some not-so-rugged trails? There are a few near my house that I could go to that are pretty basic without a lot of ruggedness to them. Do you think these bikes can handle something like that for fun or will we destroy them because they have no suspension?

Nice! A friend of mine from work has a couple of DB30s with all the parts except the motor. I think I'm going to get one off him and put the Predator 212 in it.

Took the boy to the power line trails near my house today. Man, did he have fun! Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Mini biking is a good simple pleasure....even better when shared with family.....great hobby to pass on.....I feel sorry for those that wont at least try it!! Puts a smile on my face everytime!! :thumbsup:
Any picts you can share of your ride today Relic?

Me and my daughter!

Last edited:

JimmyC

Mini biking is a good simple pleasure....even better when shared with family.....great hobby to pass on.....I feel sorry for those that wont at least try it!! Puts a smile on my face everytime!! :thumbsup:
Any picts you can share of your ride today Relic?
I buzz around the neighborhood all the time and they all think I'm nuts. It puts a smile on my face everytime, too!

gbabins1

Our Doodlebug works great off road. I used to take it myself before I built a couple of Bonanzas. Now my daughter takes it on the trails. no issues, we just let some air out of the tires to make it a little more comfy. If I was going to continue riding it, I would gear it down a little for the trails... but it's great for her, she loves it.

I'll try to get some pics up soon. It's a simple stock red DB30. Nothing special but I hope to have the camera with me next time we go to the trails.