Open Class - mr pat's Frijole

I picked up a 3" band brake at the swap meet yesterday that will mount on the jack shaft. Cheezy1 was kind enough to donate a 3" brake puck to me. Thanks Bill!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It sure is a cold one out, and I ran out of diesel fuel again. I made it a quick one and put on the hunt wild throttle and dummy grip today. I just set the seat on to see how it would look.

Got the old sandpaper and polishing compound out and started on a few things. I've done this before and it takes many many hours and patience to complete. Here is my 4 hour progress this evening. Lots of time to go, but it is a good start anyhow.

I finally brought the bike indoors to work on a few things. I finished polishing the front rim and it turned out pretty good I think. I also popped on the foot pegs.

I went out in the garage and fired up the heater. I primed and painted some of the Clinton A400 tins. I am NOT gonna wear the red nose :clown:... lol Here are a couple of before and after pics.

Thank you Owen! What I did for the rims was used wet sand paper in 3 stages and after each stage I sanded in opposite directions. 120 grit, 240 grit, then 400 grit. After that, I bought a harbor freight polishing kit and used a drill and the compound to buff it up. It takes a little... a lot of time, but I think it is well worth it in the end.

Aluminum Polishing Tool Kit - 14 Piece

Here is the polishing kit.