Open Class: Tanks Steam Punk Mini

Tank, your skills are amazing. love how you build what you need (tools) to suit your needs. I keep looking at that picture of the steam punk girl and swear that it is from the comic con in san diego's convention center. I used to have a yacht not too far from there, but that was one hobby I could no longer afford to keep and got rid of her last year. eager to see what you plan on using in this minibike. thanks again for your help.

Quick update - more build pics later.
Had to drop off some garden clipping at the tip and would you believe my luck
Was going to make one myself and as I come round the corner there it was. The guys said I
Could have it for a buck. Wait till you see what I have in mind for this.

Last edited:
Quick update - more build pics later.
Had to drop off some garden clipping at the tip and would you believe my luck
Was going to make one myself and as I come round the corner there it was. The guys said I
Could have it for a buck. Wait till you see what I have in mind for this.

Jet propulsion? :)

I like where you head is at Tank. I have a fwe shoe boxes full of gears and such for my steampunk projects :thumbsup:
If only you guys were down the street, yep Jet propulsion it is:lol:

Well spent the whole day in the shop, got my two hubs done and the brackets for the trees and the rear wheel. Next will be the jackshaft plates.
Happy with what I did today.

Did you fabricate your own hubs? if so, what dimension tubing are you using and how does the sprocket go on there? (amateur questions). I am at the stage where I'm trying to decide if I want to spend a lot of money on a live axle setup or try to make someting myself due to the ease of chain adjustments that can be available with a 5/8 setup like yours.

Huston - We have a roller.

So need to start moving around a bit or i'll go mad, so got stuck into the shop for a bit, finished turning the bushes for the front fork and assembled the trees. Was going for an old school look so went for APE Hangers.

EL pipe notcher at its best

Wanted a tight radius for the base of the hangers so had to to a cut and weld

Then for some perspective I sat my fat ass on the bike for you to laught at

Nice thing is the bars are fitted with clamps, so I can change to somthing else is required.