Other hobbie's what else are you into??

the minibike thing is new to me, even though as a kid i had tons of minibikes!! for the past 15 years i have been collecting musclebikes from the 60's-70's..here are a few of my bicycles...:smile:

Oldsalt

Damn. Them bikes are really rare items! Beautiful.

Amoung other hobbies, I build miniature engines. I'll get some pictures.

Oldsalt

Here's a picture of a couple of the scale model engines I have built.

The small one is a 1/4 scale of a 1912 Gade 3 HP "hit and miss" engine. I bought the raw unmachined castings from a guy that has an original [full size] engine in mint condition. I run it on propane. It has a 3/4" bore.

The bigger engine is a 1/6 scale of a 25 HP Fairbanks-Morse Model N hit and miss engine. I use Coleman camp stove fuel to run it. Most of the nuts and bolts are hand made, as are all the springs. A guy in Salem OR sells the raw castings. A friend has an original full size engine.

It is a fun hobby if you have a lot of time. Plus they don't take up too much room.

I collect and race AFX and Aurora slot cars. I also like to do a little drag racing when money and time allow.
GTO, those are beautiful. I was really into handguns for awhile, but after having our first child, i got nervous and sold all of them.

Slonaker, Very nice rides, we can't have anything nice like that here, cause the salt eats them up, almost bought a sanford and son pick up once in tenn, but had a elcomino on the trailer, that I bought a year before, should of bought the truck for $200.00, cause I never did get the title to the el dog.

Minibikin, We got a slot car business not too far from the house, been tempted to stop in, is that an expencive hobby??, the mini's are starting to work on my wifey's nerves, workin on number 3 now, sunk a ton of cash in the first 2,and the trike. lol.

GTO, Nice pieces, guns are nice to look at, got too many kids around here for them tho, I got shot twice, ruined both elbows, took awhile to realize it wasn't the guns fault..

Salt, :thumbsup: I like your work, soon as I get the rest of that generator off that big briggs, I'll be checking on postage, I feel the go-cart fever coming on!!!

Offroad those tractors look fun:thumbsup:

Sledz:thumbsup: Tractors, Sleds, and treasure hunting, So COOL!!!

Murrayeliminator, Those ARE some nice bikes, what part of the country are you from?, I have never seen anything like those bikes, not a bad thread you started, by the way did I say Welcome aboard?

Well guys I think I'm going to stick with the mini's and go-carts, since I got the first bike running and took a ride where I'm getting used to the way the bike handles vers the way my elbows are, well I'm starting to trust the bike, I'm working on number 3 now, I bought a go-cart today with a 5 hp tec, it runs but has a few issues that I will address before I pass it on, hopefully for a profit, I also have been getting into riding tractors, something else you can buy cheap and sell for a profit, after making a few repairs.
dave

Slots are as expensive as you let them be like everything else. I do alot less collecting and alot more racing with a local group. It's a good time with 10-20 huygs at an event. In the HO world, you can pick up a Tomy 4 lane set for $150 and it's a great starter. I can give you a few good sites if you are looking for more info.

65ShelbyClone

Hobby 1:

Hobby 2:

Hobby 3:

Not pictured:
Hiking, camping, backpacking, and collecting related equipment.
Bicycling
Photography, both film and digital
Videography
Computers and PC gaming
Home brewing

I need a tablet before I can start doing digital illustration also.

Oldsalt

I enjoy old toys and tether cars web site a.m.r.c.a.
Always loved tether cars but never got close enough to really know what I was looking at. Although I owned a couple of Doolings at one time. The two racers listed; Are they of modern construction of are they old originals. Beautiful machines! Both look ready to go. Do you race them? Where?

I collect and race AFX and Aurora slot cars. I also like to do a little drag racing when money and time allow.
GTO, those are beautiful. I was really into handguns for awhile, but after having our first child, i got nervous and sold all of them.
I hear ya, I started my kid shooting when he was young and safety comes FIRST, that way he knows what to do when an untrained kid finds gun at a freinds house. :thumbsup:

Also, lock em up! I got a thing for old school safes too. Check out this old beauty with double locks and doors, clay lined,and hand paintings. :wink:

Dave, sorry to hear you got shot,,, who, what, where?. :thumbdown: Yes, never the guns fault, you can lay it on a table and beg it to go off but it never will without help. Lots of car and truck pics here and they kill way more people that guns ever will. :thumbsup:

Cool stuff guys!

Last edited:

Oldsalt

the bigger blue car I won my class last month at 140 and some change thats inn real mph not scale speed
I just gotta know more about the 140 MPH car. What size circle? What type of fuel...is that a glow engine? How about pulling the body for a picture of the engine and running gear!

den35

Well,let's see.

I was big into computers,rebuilding old systems that others tossed in the trash.Had fun for a while,but got sick of building internet capable computers(in the 133 to 433MHZ range) for people wanting it for email or IM use,only to get complaints that they couldn't play modern games on it:doah:.(One guy wanted to play Halo on a 233.He wasn't happy when I told him it would never have that kind of game).So I gave up on that one.

Then tried rebuilding outboard motors.Now I have 4 motors(range from 1947 to 1969,2.5hp to 75.2hp) and no boat:confused:.

Now I'm into minis.Much easier to work with and MUCH more fun.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Here you go OldSalt the tether line is about 35feet from the center poll we run any where from 20% nitro to 80% yes they run on glow plugs enjoy the pics. with the top off