painting the ram info

trailramdan

well when i was a kid i had a lime green ram, and the one i just got is the same color, this color is growing on me....i was going to do a semi gloss black or a hot rod flat black and some old school flames on it.....this is still a possibility, however, i do like the green.....anyone know how i could go about matching this paint exactly????? if i go this route, id have the decals remade for the tank and the front of it...and paint the rims black.....its a hard choice.

Big Jim

NAPA can custom mix rattle cans for you.
Or, take a part to an industrial paiting company and go through the color books.

Big Jim

got them thanks Dan!!
For reference I have close to $300 in blasting and paint on this, now I am afraid to ride it.

I will probably chemical strip my Ram and rattle can it.....

trailramdan

looks nice jim! im in the same boat...im not sure if i want to blast it and match the original green, like i said same color of mine when i was a kid, and after i cleaned it yesturday, and after looking at it in the garage tonight the green looks kinda cool....btw are the pics i sent what you wanted/need or do you need other angles. let me know if you need anything

I say get it running and enjoy it! It's cool just as it sits, and you don't have to worry about scratches, or rock chips when you ride it. If you do paint it, I vote original green! Also, I wouldn't touch it unless you're going to make it perfect. It's only original once. If you care about its value, you need to either leave it alone, or make it so nice that the next buyer won't feel it needs to be "re-restored"

trailramdan

i tottaly agree, however i wont ever sell it. i dont dont bother me how it sits, i thought about recovering the seat and rechoming the headlight and calling it a day....i also like to make things look nice too. so if i was to tear it down i would blast it and do it all right....when i get a "project" its all i think about im a freak i guess lol:laugh: