Painting

Gibson

this should be a big hit. chemicals differ in all paints and clear coats you could spend hours sanding finishing ready to go. then spray clear coat or paint and the chemical reaction in the paints can ruin weeks of work in a instant.so to spray clear coat mixed in paint or vise versa "hit n miss" if anyone knows the best way to finish for the best results let it be known. not a big fan of primer coat."chemical reaction shit" kicks in, go for the color and hope for the best.:eek:ut:

zeeman

I've seen some pretty good looking chrome paint on line, but it's pretty expensive, and I'm not sure it would work at high temperatures. Do a search for chrome paint. I can't remember the name of the stuff, but their ads look sorta infomercial-ish. Never tried any. Best bet is to use flat black high temp paint if you can live with it, or get real chrome. Not what you wanted to hear I know, but that's been my experience.

they make hi temp chrome powder coat. should cost about 25 for cleaning and powder coating but the powder will cost about 15 but when all said and done it will look awesome.

Gibson

not only on the exhaust pipes..flat black is the best period, but more in the finish paint job areas, fenders, gas tanks, oil tanks. is any paint gas resistant? after hours of pondering in the right paint colors then "phuck" the new paint job just lifted the primer coat.weird :hammer:

hmmm well ill think about it. I was thinking and i think i know what i want. Black heat resistent paint for the exhaust. Now i do have some chrome paint here but its not heat resistent nor is it the best. But when you spray it on it turns grayish and dull.....

Gibson

Yeah have to say chrome back to the paint tricks? any out there? clear with paint or paint with clear? this is my downfall many dollars spent to figure it out. but there may be a way to figure this shit out? little help:confused:

This is not a very good picture/closeup of the exhaust, but I got this exhaust on ebay and it has some sort of chrome paint on it. It looks better than the crappy stuff I've used in the past, not sure how they acheived it or what they used...
and it's holding up really well, no discoloration yet.

You might even ask the seller a question about what was used for the coating?? Here's the auction link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2707...l1313&_nkw=270776106513&_sacat=&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Last edited:
Is that chrome paint? If it is thats pretty nice on that.\

Do you know if a chrome muffler on a 79 Z50 would look nice? Like with chrome paint? Z50's always had a muffler than like a cage around that.