Pcv valve install in my honda valve cover

Yes thats what i did . I have the champion rockers and needed the tall cover , well Tim was out of stock when i got my cam and rockers . So instead of waiting for them to come in or buying the costly spacer , i went with plan B . Which is pull out the guts of the cover then you have enough room for the rockers , but still need the valving that was removed . Bought a 1.99 pcv valve the smallest i could find , couldn't put in the stock hole cause it will hit the rocker . So drilled a hole on the front top center and it fits right between the rockers .

rdog348

Am I missing something? Doesn't the valve cover breather allow pressure to come in, and out? The PCV is going to restrict it to go one way only.. Or am I missing something? :shrug:

Well maybe i'am missing something , what i took out was a flap type valve what i thought is the same as a pcv valve . PCV valve are used to vent 4,6,8 cylinder motors this is just 1 . If i have F 'ed up it can be pulled and changed , hopefully will get some more advice from others .

I'll add I do not think you need an actual PVC valve. Most guys use a barbed nipple and a catch can. However I don't think your method is a bad idea either.

Crankcase pressure will push the PCV open. It is a very light spring that keeps it closed.

After thinking about this, it may build up some pressure in the crankcase as the orifice in the PCV is small. I say run it, but if the crank seals start weeping oil, you need to ditch the PCV valve.

Last edited:
This is what i have found out while working the bugs out of getting the motor running . At high RPM'S the motor will open the PCV valve , right now the valve is in the cover with no hose . And from a very high idle to big blips of the throttle it spits oil on my plug wire , and this is without any suction from the intake like should be there . So i think my little trick might work , i can still plumb it to the intake and maybe go though a filter or not .