Peerless Dif/axle or parts

BigA

Looking for Parts or the whole assembly from peerless. Current axle from around '92-'93? Any condition welcome. Any info would be great..

part number is
peerless 100-068 1175 3747

scooter2.jpg

Is That a mobility scooter, If so , what brand? If I had a scooter with that kind of axle I would convert it to a small gas engine just to piss off the handicap cops around here. But really let me now what it is , I know where a warehouse full of mobility scooters is. A picture of the whole scooter would help.

Last edited:

BigA

It is a mobility scooter. Lark by ortho kinetics. I mentioned the year I got it was '92. Cannot find a serial number for it. The tag fell off.
The whole scooter is that bad brown color. Obv rear wheel drive.. I'll work on the picture of whole scooter. I have a pic of the front for now.

If you could look into that warehouse or have any contact info to pass on that would be awesome.

scootersteering.jpg

125ccCrazy

Do you think this might work better? Peerless Differential 1" OD x 38" long Axle Model 141-D # 794102

How confident is everyone that it can be cut and fitted to what is needed? Will it be able to handle with what I need/?

I'm thinking I have one shot at this with being so old.

Apologies if some questions come of as dumb. I dont know much about this stuff.

Thanks
I can't tell in your picture if your axles are stepped down to 3/4 where they go into the housing? if so the axle Randy listed above would be an easy fix, just swap out your axles and use the complete center section.. What is yours doing that you are wanting to replace it?

BigA

I can't tell in your picture if your axles are stepped down to 3/4 where they go into the housing? if so the axle Randy listed above would be an easy fix, just swap out your axles and use the complete center section.. What is yours doing that you are wanting to replace it?
When I go forward/backwards I get a metal on metal pop. I'm assuming because its worn out? Not sure were its coming from. I dont think its inside the housing.

The chain has never been changed. This is more the axles i think. Last person that looked said there was a lot of play. If that makes sense.

I am not an expert but I think that axle is pretty floppy to begin with.Those were used on lawn equipment along with other things and it seems unlikely you could hurt it just riding it around. May be you could get a small equipment shop to check it out or install that e bay axle. Thats still way cheaper than any of the medical equipment guys.

i would recommend you take it apart and give it a look over before buying anything. I doubt a mobility scooter motor could break one of these and they wouldnt have enough miles on them to wear anything out. Im betting its the chain trying to work its way off

if it locks up itll be the chain or the bearings failing not the diff itself. If the diff gears themselves were to lock up all you will experience is the machine wont go around corners as good. That really doesnt happen though usually they just get worn out and real sloppy. usually because a few of the bolts are missing and the housing cant take it. The clunking youre hearing is most likely from the chain not being in alignment. I have gokarts like that where they roll fine going forward but cluck like crazy going backwards.