Pep Boys Prep New Doodlebug

Got a Doodlebug today,,found an older frame from Pep Boys. They had it all prepped and ready to go.
Wouldn't start. Lol

Asked if he would discount it. Nice guy. He knocked $99 off,, that made it $200.

Got it home. The choke sticker was on backwards and the chain was so tight I could hardly push it. Had to dump a bunch of oil out of it (they prep it with 10W-40) way too full.
Read alot here before buying DB30:
Runs with the choke on but not that great. Played with idle screw, gov. Settings, and the idle jet. No leaks around carb. Still boggy on the throttle but runs better with the choke on.

I need a carb kit who should I talk to or where do I order?

I

Last edited:

C9H13NO3

Got a Doodlebug today found an older frame from Pep Boys. They had it all prepped and ready to go.
Wouldn't start. Lol

Asked if he would discount it. Nice guy. He knocked $99 off that made it $200. Whew hoo.

Got it home. The choke sticker was on backwards and the chain was so tight I could hardly push it. Had to dump a bunch of oil out of it (they prep it with 10W-40) way too full.
Read alot here before buying DB30:
Runs with the choke on but not that great. Played with idle screw, gov. Settings, and the idle jet. No leaks around carb. Still boggy on the throttle but can run it better with the choke on.

I need a carb kit who should I talk to or where do I order?

I
PM Dudlydoodleright, he has them.

You need more posts before you can PM someone. DONT MAKE BS POSTS though.

Just get a number/precision drill bit set and drill the idle jet to .018. I've done this to 2 customer's DB's and i finally remembered to remember which size i drilled it to. Nice reliable chug chug at idle and no stalling after you let off the throttle. God what a pain that is.

delray

miniwood you sound like the guy that went under the name (my mini) from sherman tx/join jan 2011 that got mad said he wasn't coming back and now under the name miniwood. from dallas tx ,join feb 2011. sherman is a suburb of dallas. it's kind of strange how the two are very close to each other and your postings are on the same subject, DB bikes. i am not here to give you a hard time or anything. here to help and to let you know what things will help your stock motor perfrom better . if you want your kid to ride it and maybe you sometimes? then get a jackshaft setup and maybe build a header pipe too:thumbsup: or is it just for you? if so then get a 6.5 clone and sell your stock 2.8 on ebay. that will help pay for the 6.5 clone setup.:thumbsup:

miniwood you sound like the guy that went under the name (my mini) from sherman tx/join jan 2011 that got mad said he wasn't coming back and now under the name miniwood. from dallas tx ,join feb 2011. sherman is a suburb of dallas. it's kind of strange how the two are very close to each other and your postings are on the same subject, DB bikes. i am not here to give you a hard time or anything. here to help and to let you know what things will help your stock motor perfrom better . if you want your kid to ride it and maybe you sometimes? then get a jackshaft setup and maybe build a header pipe too:thumbsup: or is it just for you? if so then get a 6.5 clone and sell your stock 2.8 on ebay. that will help pay for the 6.5 clone setup.:thumbsup:

SNAP!!!!!!!!! hahaha.

miniwood you sound like the guy that went under the name (my mini) from sherman tx/join jan 2011 that got mad said he wasn't coming back and now under the name miniwood. from dallas tx ,join feb 2011. sherman is a suburb of dallas. it's kind of strange how the two are very close to each other and your postings are on the same subject, DB bikes.
one of the mods needs to do an IP check now! now i say!!! :freakout:

I'm not understanding what's the big deal here with Miniwood :shrug:, maybe in the future everyone who's from the Dallas, Texas area who wants to join OldMiniBikes and has questions about there DB30 should first be investigated before being allowed to join.:eek:ut:

Do I think Miniwood was mymini, no....do I care, no. How embarrassing.

Last edited:

delray

DARK AGE 53, it's been confirm with couple pm's and IP check will nail it. it's no real big deal,but he doesn't have to sign back on with a different name because of his personally problems that he has had with the DB bike.
i hope he comes back:thumbsup: we are all here to help each other.:thumbsup: