Pet peeves?

tomc

What really bothers you on a "finished" bike? I hate mismatched grips & mismatched footpegs. Also on minibikes with headlights, the fluting on the lens should be horizontal & vertical, not at angles. On barnfinds one might see anything, but finished ones should be better.
What else?
mix of blackwall & whitewall tires?
different color brake & throttle cables?

Ding Ding

Silver spray paint on what should be a chrome finish. Usually on spoked wheels but can apply to anything originally chrome.

Backwards mounted fenders. Usually the front ones.

Incorrect rear shocks.

It's not easy being a stickler!

Last edited:

DaddyJohn

What really bothers you on a "finished" bike?
  • Seats attached with duct tape, made from bandana fabric, etc.
  • Rust
  • bugger welds
  • bicycle levers, or wheels
  • thumb throttles
  • cheap harbor freight 4” wheels
  • Spray painting everything, tires, cables, and all (extra credit for huge runs)
  • Extraneous hole drilling
  • High speed forkage
  • Absence of some sort of clutch guard
  • No Brakes!
  • Engine plate with 2 dozen holes

DaddyJohn

Silver spray paint on what should be a chrome finish!
Oooh, I do this! :D My weapon of choice is Rustoleum Hammered Silver, and my medium is formerly chromed parts that have turned to rust, required weld repair, or are otherwise economically unsalvageable. Then again, I’m not in the restoration game.

• Seats attached with duct tape, made from bandana fabric, etc.
  • Rust
  • bugger welds
  • bicycle levers, or wheels
  • thumb throttles
  • cheap harbor freight 4” wheels
  • Spray painting everything, tires, cables, and all (extra credit for huge runs)
  • Extraneous hole drilling
  • High speed forkage
  • Absence of some sort of clutch guard
  • No Brakes!
  • Engine plate with 2 dozen holes
My avatar bike breaks over half of these and I like it the way it is

Thepaetsguy

When someone accepts your full cash offer on a mini bike and agree to meet and then the Ad says pending or the seller messaged that it Sold to someone else. Some people have no integrity.
Had a guy agree to meet and price and when he showed up he saw another bike I had and wanted that one... (thankfully) I held my own and did not sell it. But the no sale on the bike in the garage led to him not buying the bike agreed upon in the ad listing.