Picked up an lil indian mini mini today for $70

Not really in great shape but still a decent find for the price. I'm curious if that is an original fender in the front? I know the scrub is an add on and plan to take it off. Hope I can find the original disc brake then sell a kidney so I can afford it! :biggrin:

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Mean Dean

Not bad A good deal for $70.00 should be a vin Stamped on it on the right axle bracket. Looks like the original fender but hard to tell from the one pic. They definitely added extra parts all over it. looks like a 68' if no drain hole in the original engine plate.

Nice ride rok. :thumbsup:

There is a hole stamped in the engine plate it looks like. I'm assuming the scrub is extra and that second piece of engine plate looks like an add on. What's the best way to take that stuff off anyone know? Only numbers I can make out is 4 447 since someone rattled canned over the og paint job.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

markus

Nice ride rok. :thumbsup:

There is a hole stamped in the engine plate it looks like. I'm assuming the scrub is extra and that second piece of engine plate looks like an add on. What's the best way to take that stuff off anyone know? Only numbers I can make out is 4 447 since someone rattled canned over the og paint job.

Thanks
Mike

I use a cut off wheel and carefully start cutting trying to avoid the tubing. when I get close I try the air hammer with chisel tip to break the weld and then grind down the excess. It almost looks like they cut the whole engine plate off it and moved it forward then added another plate at the back :shrug:

I was thinking that about the engine plate. I looked at a lot of pics and not one had the plate so close to the forks. It's not going to be a show stopper by any means. Just a rat rod for my boy when he's old enough. I am going to cut off the janky ass scrub brake. The tires are dry rotted to hell and one half of each rim is stuck to the tire. They seem like they could be nice if I sandblasted them. The forks are twisted up pretty good. Do you guys heat up the metal and then bend it or would that weaken the metal? Anyhow it needs a ton of work but I can't complain for the price!

Mike

I think Carlisle. Pretty sure one of them has an Indian head on it. Ill take a closer pick tomorrow.

Manchester that is exactly what I want to do. I might need to pick your brain about that at some point. Did you ever weld that little tab back on that holds the brake cable?

I think Carlisle. Pretty sure one of them has an Indian head on it. Ill take a closer pick tomorrow.

Manchester that is exactly what I want to do. I might need to pick your brain about that at some point. Did you ever weld that little tab back on that holds the brake cable?
Yes. From a member, I got the size of the bracket and how far from the motor plate and made the bracket. I don't have a photo but I can get you one tomorrow night.:thumbsup:

I wish they were nicer. They have pretty bad dry rot. When I took the rims bolts out the metal bands in the tire are falling apart. Front and back tire rim halves are stuck to the tire.... Haven't had any luck prying them out yet. After I get the rims cleaned up I'll run em till they pop. Don't think anyone would want to buy these. :/

Cheers
Mike