PMR Jackshaft install help

I have a PMR Jackshaft and a Briggs & Stratton engine pictured below. The bolt pattern on the PMR doesnt match the value cover on the engine. Even the center hole on the PMR is to small for the small outlay near the shaft. I can easily expand out with a drill press but I am wondering about how to attach it to the valve cover.

I have a welder so my next thought was to line that up to the bolt pattern of my cover and then bolt the PMR to that. The problem with this idea so far is that it adds spacing to it with a thick enough plate to keep the pmr in the right location. This might cause chain alignment problems with my rear sprocket. I guess I could pull the engine to one side as an adjustment for this as well.

I cant be the first one to like the PMR and have a Briggs & Stratton engine cover like this.

What do you think I should do here?

:drinkup:

CarPlayLB

welcome aboard Newbie!
You have the wrong side cover for use with that kit! The newer side covers will have the 4 bolts holes for the plate ...like this...all you need is a different side cover...and it is not a valve cover!

glad to have you aboard...open your wallet and make room in the garage!

Hello kbeckwith,

I don't know what briggs engine you have, but once you identify it, place an ad in the wanted section. Someone will have one for cheap. :thumbsup:

Please don't mess up the beautiful PMR jackshaft. :scared: