Polished block

Has anybody ever polished there small engine block? I would like to see pictures of one before I do mine so I get an idea how it would look. Thanks

Nate this run is cast aluminum like a block and would look similar . They were hand sanded for 4 hours per side , starting with 240 grit though 1500 grit

markus

This was extremly easy to polish up just dressed the rough cast spots up, light media blasting, heavy scrubbing with with fine steel wool, than held on tight and let the buffer and rouge do the shinning up (used a loose fabric wheel so it could get into the fins and tighter areas a little better).

Messing with a Tecumseh block right now, It polished up easy too. but not sure If I am going to go with that or paint it (gotta do a mock up with the white shroud pieces to see how it looks all together.

markus

Did one of the Power products AH61's I had just to see how it would look, it came out alright

The cast shrouds dont really like to polish up really shiney though on them, I'm sure if it was worked heavy with sandpapers, and I only did a steel wool polishing on the block as I didnt want to alter any shapes or take alot of material off. It's mate is still sitting half raw in a cabinet as I try and decide what I am going to do with it.

Last edited: