Post a Pic of Yourself

This one is a little better in ways the scan isnt so good, Photo shoot for Ultra me and some girl from playboy, Not sure why they always use beer belly guys with hot girls in marine ads...

oooh race boats and dynos, I can play !

that's me way back in 1978 on the left throttling the 38' Bertram CRISTEX, my dad in the center driving:

me again on the left in 1985 when we set the world speed record for offshore powerboats @ 136 mph :

I try to convince my kids that 30 yrs ago I was actually "somebody" but they can't stop lauging at my corduroy shorts and mullet :doah:

Last edited:
We are a rag tag bunch for sure, none any sillier looking than the next riding a minibike down the street I'm sure. Well some look sillier than others I'm sure.:laugh:

takes me back and the pannel room reminds me of lingenfelters old dyno room, very similar looking I will have to dig up a pic...
Yeah I'm hoping paneling makes a comeback too, I miss the 70's :laugh:

[/QUOTE]

Cool dyno shot...I remember those manifolds from another boat I ran in.....Googled Van Dyne...interesting guy.

Last edited:
Those are merc racing that was the first m4 head unit we ran it till it broke on a stock 502 short block trying to find the weak links we made right around 1050hp and a manley valve let go after 2 10hr days on the dyno. I have alot of respect for a man at 24 win Indy as the Mark Donohue builder.

Last edited:

MikeBear

Shouldn't this thread be in the "What is it?" forum? :laugh:

Anyway, I found a old pic of me riding my scooter across Sanford Lake, the HARD WAY!