Post pic's of your custom or homemade exhaust

I'm trying to get an Idea of an exhaust to build but there arn't very many pic's of exhausts on here so I figured I would make a thread where you can show off your homemade custom exhaust.

Oldsalt

No one wants to show off their exhaust?
O.K.

Here's a megaphone exhaust on a Briggs Intec. The bends are stock exhaust pipe pieces and a 45 degree elbow added. The cone is hand formed with an aluminum heat shield. Note the brace from the engine head bolt. Plan on a brace if the pipe is long or heavy. This thing is loud.

thanks for posting, but when I started this thread I thought it would be like people posting like crazy, wanting to show off their exhausts. maybe I should change it to The Ultimate Custom Exhaust Pic Thread.

Oldsalt

Striogi

That wouldn't be a Harley front brake lever and master would it? Where did you get that muffler clamp? Nice parts bro.

Lon

Striogi

That wouldn't be a Harley front brake lever and master would it? Where did you get that muffler clamp? Nice parts bro.

Lon
that's the hydraulic rear brake setup that rudedog posted about in the DB section.

the muffler clamp is just the one that is sold on AGK and many other sites. it was much nicer than i thought it would be for $8.

the master cylinder for this brake setup is tiny (about 1-5/8" long). i need to add fluid to mine (still haven't rode it with it installed) and i think a small bottle of DOT4 will last me for 50 years. :laugh:

it's tiny.

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Do you have an idea of the total cost for the lever, master, line and caliper? For some minibikes that looks to be the high zoot set-up.

Hers a trike I built a few years back. Twin 6.0 Tec. engines. This was one of the 2 trikes I have built. I believe a guy in Wash. state bought this bike.

I used simple centrifical clutches. The back engine had the dual sprocket clutch on it.ties the two together. They wont engage until the rpms are high enough. The throttle was tricky, getting them both to rev at the same time. Its not exactly perfect Im sure. I pull started each one individually. I built this one just for parades. After the hometown parade, I got stopped by a local cop. He had to get a photo with him on it. It was pretty cool.

I finally got my bike out today so here is a photo of the exhaust. I bent some tubing for the headpipe and rolled a piece of sheet metal for the muffler section. It is all covered in graphite heat wrap.

Oldsalt

I used simple centrifical clutches. The back engine had the dual sprocket clutch on it.ties the two together. They wont engage until the rpms are high enough. The throttle was tricky, getting them both to rev at the same time. Its not exactly perfect Im sure. I pull started each one individually. I built this one just for parades. After the hometown parade, I got stopped by a local cop. He had to get a photo with him on it. It was pretty cool.
Glennbmi

Each engine has a clutch...that's what I guessed. Is it possible to pull start the front engine and rev it until it's clutch engages to start the second engine? Again, thank's for the pic of a really nice machine.

Last edited:
Im not real sure if that can be done or not. Sounds like it should go. Now you got me wondering about it. X90 thats a great looking detailed bike. Looks like alot of time and detail has gone into it.