Powell 3867 D New Mod Project

That's my little Honda, stock Honda, and a Comet TC. A Modern day Powell.
The first pic below is how the Powell D looked when I bought it from Texas. My brother David then restored it with a few NOS parts from Robert Bruce. Now it's a silver powder coated NR Racing 11HP Honda powered Powell. It's my new parade bike.

JW.

That motor would not make a pimple on 11 hp's asss :laugh:

NR Non Believer

Just because you are starting to " tinker" with engine building. We'll sort of, if you call a Raptor an engine. You are not qualified to question NRs Hondas. The latest stats on this engine are below. it's not much, but it's surly 3 1/2 - 4 HP more then the way it was born.

Honda GX200 specially prepped for racing.
Includes:
Open Element K&N Style Air Filter Assembly,
Pressure tested 3 angle valve job,
Removal of governor,
22 lb Valve Springs,
Small fan,
Advanced Timing,
Rejetted carb,
Approx 10.0+ HP

I agree, it's weak compared to our other engines, but at least it's not a Briggs.
Finish that lawnmower motor your building for Douglas and let's see how they run. Even if my little Honda is slower all I have to do is wait several hours and the Raptor will blow up, race over.

JW

Plan to install modded uni air filter ( will cut it down), will install the battery and electrics for the starter, and change the throttle linkage to allow for more throttle turn radius, and the bike will be done.

The bike looks great, very nice mods on the jack shaft changes to allow for a full 6 inch Comet TC, mods on the stock belt guard placement to fit the Comet driven, the great looking silver/grey powder coat. O yea, plan to wrap and spray the header, burn protection. Should make for a great rider with that slightly modded NR Honda GX200 and TC. The silver should hide scratches well. I'll bring it to Windber next year, it's my new everyday trans

Jesse

Last edited: