Powell belt problems

Well was out riding yesterday and went down to the hot rod shop to hang out . My buddy Craig took the Powell out for a ride , mainly cause he has never seen a Tecumseh turn 6300 and live .
He took it down the side street and then came back past his house busting it wide open , we lost site of him and then heard nothing . Sat there a minute then got a call to come get him . When we got there the belt was shredded and wrapped around the secondary pully and sprocket .

This belt has about two hours on it , it's a gates toothed belt . I remember the E model we had when we were kids had a H 60 on it and no gov and it ate belts like crazy , although in 1970 belt weren't that good .
My question is can anybody recommend a better belt to use .
One thing a could do is stay outta the throttle but that's not gonna happen .

Sorry to hear this David. You turned it too fast. Because I know or your attention to detail, I wont attribute it to alignment- which you already know.

MB165

ya think it flipped over and run upside down? or fall off and the chain got it??
I wonder if a belt with a deeper "v" would make a difference??

Hounddog

Wow never heard of that from any of the other powell bikes....modified or otherwise....something obviously wrong there....hope you figure it out....