Predater 212cc Fuel economy ?......

Per title....is this a thirsty engine?.....

I am looking for a good tank size .....for a custom tank.....

Should we go 1 gallon.... 1 1/2 ect?....

I wanna be able to ride ....not pit and re-fuel.....I have plenty of area to cover.....8o)

Any ideas from owners/users of this rice-mill?

Thanks.....

Jim

joekd

All depends on your weight, riding surface, inclines, bike, gearing, etc

I usually say to check your tank every 30 mins on a long ride and be sure you head home before it's dry

After 2-3 rides like that you will know how far you can go on one tank

TomH

depends always on how heavy you are on the throttle. If I am going on a long pavement ride, I air up the tires, and go easy on the throttle. My butt gives out before my fuel does

Hmmmm....thanks for the feedback guys....

I remember my brigs IC engine 5 HP had like a 3/4 gallon tank and did pretty well cruising on pavement.

I rode it like a moped for a summer....good times....

Looking at getting a 1 1/2 gallon tank made...

Jim

Flat heads are pigs on fuel compared to a modern OHV design.
Add some compression and better exhaust and filter and you shoud not be suprised to see it improve further

Its gonna be going on a new Bad Dog build....Still have to nail down what one....

I will be doing "off road" trails ....and chip and seal pavement.....I LOVE the look of the drag bike flat tread tires ...but i am wondering if i would regret them when i hit the bumpy trails...?

Jim

My bike is going to have a drag slick, and I feel it will not be offroad capable at all. I assume a small engine like what we have on our bikes get atleast 50mpg?