Predator 212 not enough fuel at startup?

I actually had this problem for a while even when it was all stock. When I first got my performance kit from OldMiniBikes(jets, intake/exhaust, etc) I stripped the threads that the bolt which holds the bowl in place(also allows access to the jet/e-tube). Since that happened I ordered a replacement carb(Here is the link If im allowed to post it. DJ-1225R Carburetor, Stock RuiXing)

I actually got the carb yesterday and since I've installed it I noticed a big difference(more power) over the stock carb.

The replacement carb($18) + 2nd Air cost me about $35. Which is the cheapest I've found(other sites charged at least $30).

Anyways, It completely got rid of my idling problem. I took a closer look at the carb itself ant noticed it didn't have the spring on the throttle(to keep it closed). With that being said I feel it idles at the proper RPM(as the throttle opens just enough to keep going).

The new carb also as a screw with a spring on it towards the end of it(closest to the engine when installed). Not too sure what this adjusts but on the stock carb it did not have this screw.

Anyways I hope this helps. And if anyone can tell me what that screw is I'd be greatly appricative. :)

That is the slow jet needle, probably. These aren't flat side carbs. As mentioned earlier, opening the throttle before starting it only allows more air in. There is no fuel sucked in until the engine turns over. This is why the choke helps start it. It actually closes the air off a little more and the fuel mixture becomes a higher fuel to air ratio. I have used the jet kit, and I had fairly good luck with it. My motor was slightly modified at the time. I now am running a Dover cheater carb, and it's great!

The dover is a stock carb that has been worked over by Jerry Dover. It has been a fine carb for me. I wouldn't mind going with a little bigger carb to see how it runs, but I don't have any extra cash now. It will bolt up stock to your motor. It looks stock, but isn't. I'm guessing that's why they call it the "cheater stock". Here is a link for the website: Clone Carburetors / Fuel System Parts
I really like dealing with him. I called and asked questions before I bought all of my stuff. He even refunded some money because he didn't pay as much for shipping as he originally thought. I went with this originally because it was a bolt on part. You won't need the adapter to mount it to the block.