Predator 212cc on sale now - Harbor Freight

The $99 special is going on now at the Austin TX location - sale ends Sunday is what I understand.

I don't know if you can get that same price online or not but it's listed on their website so it's a possibility.

I picked up a motor with a 2 year full replacement warranty for $119.

I bought one yesterday with a coupon. The coupon is good until Dec. They are having a parking lot sale until Sunday and you don't need a coupon for the $99.99 deal.

Last edited:
Or wait until it goes back up to 119.99 then use the 20% off coupon and it's even cheaper than the $99.99 sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like these are still on sale as of this am.

Question for others that picked one up...

First - does anyone know what the crankshaft endplay should be? I can visibly see the crank move in and out a little. It's a small amount - didn't measure it yet. What's the normal range?

Second, my throttle is a little sticky. When I accelerate I need it push it back to return to idle. Does this free up a little or should I loosen up the locknut to free it up a little? I've only ran it for about an hour so far.

Thanks!

It looks like the HF site has a 20% off coupon that you may or may not be able to use with the $99 motor. I will be checking this out tomorrow but tomorrow is the last day of the coupon so heads up!

TomH

It looks like these are still on sale as of this am.

Question for others that picked one up...

First - does anyone know what the crankshaft endplay should be? I can visibly see the crank move in and out a little. It's a small amount - didn't measure it yet. What's the normal range?

Second, my throttle is a little sticky. When I accelerate I need it push it back to return to idle. Does this free up a little or should I loosen up the locknut to free it up a little? I've only ran it for about an hour so far.

Thanks!
Take the locknut all the way off. Underneath there is what I call a tension washer, it is bent and designed to put tension on the throttle for fixed throttle use. Take that off and tighten it back up until it starts to get tight. You won't need a return spring beside what is on there, and your throttle will be smooth as silk.