Predator Hemi Build

Got a new Predator, and decided to tear it apart. Its down to the bare block, plugged all of the holes from the governor (2) and oil sensor. Just got a, Isky Black Mamba cam and springs today. Installed the new springs.
Waiting on the billet rod, flywheel, Mikuni carb, manifold, jets, and the rest of the parts. Just kind of wingin' it at this point. Thinking about new SS valves and pushrods...who knows.
Im anxious to see how this one will do. :)
Picking up some tube on Monday to start the frame for it.
Heres a few pics. Nothing too exciting. New springs installed, Black Mamba cam, and stock Flat top piston.
26 lb springs.jpg Black Mamba.jpg flat top.jpg

Hopefully it ends up being pretty quick.
The rest of the parts should be here tomorrow, and I took the week off....so I hope to have it screaming this week.

You can't compare the two... The Mukuni hands down provides more power ,response, and tune ability...
I hope so. I've run Tillotsons before. They were kind of a pain to get tuned. Never had a mikuni on a mini,, but have heard nothing but good things for the most part.
I'll get some assembly pics today. The intake, jets, and filter should be here today..

Got it all buttoned up and ready to go. Gonna try to fire it up tomorrow. Still need to build a pipe, but we'll see what happens with the stock muffler just to get it fired.
Not sure if I'll be able to pull start it or not...

what jets did you use to start with on that mikuni? 130 and a 17.5? I am parts collecting for a similar build,i dont have the jets yet tho.... and where did you find the black mamba? its out of stock everywhere i looked

Last edited: