Predator Stock Carb

You need to be sure you have the right jet kit though.

There are two clone carb manufactures.
This means the Idle jet from one does not fit the carb from the other.
I think the mains are the same...

You just need to check the name on your carb and ask before you order if your getting the right kit

Here is a great video by Tom Cole on the subject of carbs.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10791572

I am going to go out on a limb and make a claim of my own now.....
If you have an engine with billet parts and your goal is to have something easy to tune and friendly to drive ( as well as better performing ) then think outside the box a little.

I had issues with never finding the right carb for me.
I also said for years here on the OldMiniBikes that any larger than small engine stock carb ( within reason ) and a decent set of adjustments on it would be a simpler improvement over the more expensive and time consuming options most people follow.

There is nothing at all wrong with running a Mikuni or Tillotson, GX390 or even bored clone carb if that is what you want to do.
But I decided to rig up something ugly with bad reputation to prove my point.

This is the Tecumseh carb from the 358cc flat head they used on the snow king ( and others ).
As built its a touch rich int he low end ( on account of being a flat head carb ) but once you solve that issue its just a fine runner.
My point is you can probably make just about anything within the right range of sizes work from other engines if you have them handy ( I am not suggesting this is the best or only option ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ9U7flWop0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYOkJf0MwNLWnL6CeCQLqYA

You know what's another nice carb no one ever talks about?
The HL 166...
It almost the same size as a stock carb ( just a touch larger )
But its turn a screw to tune without the hang ups that the big tilly race carbs bring to the table.
AND it has its own fuel pump built in!

I often wonder what became of this carb and Intake.
I have seen pop up a couple of times for sale here and there on the OldMiniBikes but I have never seen it mounted and running
This did work well once I got the linkage kinks out ( its link kit was sold with it too )

Last edited:
Harleys Papa has provided you with the correct parts link on the website I provided you. Make sure an add a performance pipe/header as well. I would NOT recommend screwing around with changing or drilling out the idle jet!:no: I have read about more problems from member on this forum caused by doing this than any benefits gained. We have both the older HF (blue)"Greyhound" an the newer (black) "Predator" and have never messed around with the idle jet and they both run excellent.
Michael