Prehistoric Goat

Hey everyone. I'm new to the mini bike world, but I'm pretty excited about something that a friend and I recently acquired. What do think about a "tote goat" like machine that predates Bonham's invention by 15 years! We've only had this for 2 days, but it was so unusual that my friend and I have spent about 10 somewhat frustrating hours on our computers trying to research this thing. Here's what little we've found out and when we get it cleaned up(as we intend to sell it soon, cause we're already geting a bit attached to it) we'll try to get some pictures up.
It's about 1/3 bigger than a tote goat with beefier tubing. The back tire and rim are circa WWII with airforce like wings on the tire. It's over 20" I believe(it's at my friend's house so I can't measure it right now). The fuel is held within the fram, so no actual fuel tank. It has a belt and chain drive with what seems to be a 2 speed transmission-not sure where the throttle is. The B & S engine plate indicates 1942. I know this is not a lot of description, but if anyone knows anything please give us a hand. Also if anyone has any specific questions my buddy and I are getting together tomorrow to do some clean up work on it and so we may be able to investigate your questions.
Thanks, Old Goat

Have you looked at the Pak Jak bikes? they are pretty huge.. There is also another website totegoteland.com that is more based around the big utility bikes..

45t

Sounds unique, why would you want to sell it? Are you looking to have it identified to be able to assist in selling it?

Framed

Yes, I figured the motor date doesn't mean the frame date. It just looks so clean like it was supposed to go together, but of course, you're right about that.
And yes info needed to help sell it, but also we're just curious as heck about this. An airplane tire and rim that apparantly is tied to the 40's and an internal (frame) fuel tank which I guess is used on some planes? Hopefully pics out tomorrow or Wed. And...thanks again.

Got 2 or 3 pictures up in members gallery, but was unsuccessful putting them here. Not allowed maybe? I'm new to this so clue me in if I'm doing wrong. Thanks

toomanytoys

The forks and handle bars do look really out of place.

I was thinking they matched at first, since the plates on the forks have holes drilled in them, like the rear wheel mounting area. But after looking those holes look to of been drill later, none of them are in a pattern.

markus

Is that a Bonanza wheel on the front? :detective:

Really cool looking bike! :thumbsup:
it an 8" go power, or Matco :shrug: I wonder how they attached the brake drum to it:doah: did they use the 8" for bikes/karts??? I would take and stab and say that its off an aircraft only cause thats what the rear wheel looks like. Somebody had a really cool junkyard to "pick" from for that build :thumbsup: