Project pea soup BC1000

T-Town Mini

Thanks Buck... got the seat finished today, mounted, gas tank bracket and tank hooked up. I like it. One of my favorites so far. .. Really like the looks of it. Still have a bit more to do. I also want to change the gearing. I think I like more toque than top end.
That looks awesome. :thumbsup:

Did you stitch that seat upholstery yourself? That came out really nice. I've been wanting to do that to re-upholster my original seat pan.

gbabins1

Thanks T -
No I didn't make the cover. I made the pan, cut, sanded all that crap and then ran it by a buddies that does upholstery tops for classic cars. I gave him the pan and he whipped it out in no time. Like I said, I did order one from Ebay but wasn't super happy. It was decent, I just wanted something a little longer and a little stiffer foam. "Little longer and stiffer" Out of closet
Just a few more loose ends then I can start the bc1300 that been staring me down. I know it's not a resto but if you had seen the before pics... it looks pretty good. Just trying to make it look as cool as I can and have it be a functional / fun rider :xomunch:

gbabins1

Made an air filter adapter and picked up a Uni filter... did a little rejetting by hand. Runs pretty damn good. I have a 20t js gear coming from OldMiniBikes tomorrow to gear it down to about 7:1 ish. I like the torque. :)

gbabins1

Thanks!
It is becoming my favorite bike to date. I went with the OHV for my own sanity. I'm really not good with carb tuning at all. Seems like every tec and briggs I've had at some point requires some tinkering / adjustments. After rejetting these predators and blue clones (and I'veb had a bunch) I've never had a issue. Also love the band brake, will lock up with minimal pressure applied. Been riding it the last couple days and it's pretty comfy and fun to scoot around on.

OMG............. I have the same exact frame and almost same color, but mine is more of a lime green.. Ill try to post a pic tomorrow..
:thumbsup:

6doggie3

Digging the color more and more every time I check out this tread! The astro wheels look good also did you get from OldMiniBikes?:thumbsup:

gbabins1

Thanks 6doggie3,
Yeah I did buy them from OldMiniBikes. My son keeps trying to get me to coat them flat black. I do agree somewhat...I think that would look very cool, but I have a hard time doing that to brand new wheels:eek:

gbabins1

Haha, we talked about that today, the charcoal gray gray and the black / with chrome accents like some of the newer car rims out there. I may do it.
Haven't quite decided on a clutch guard yet. I know I need one, but I really like the looks workout it. I made a pretty cool one yesterday for my mb baja out of an old license plate. It was easy to make and looks decent (for the style of the mb) I don't want my leg chewed up so I know something needs to be done with the Bonanza. I need to start brainstorming.

You're right, can't use the scrub with the larger tires. I worked on it some more this weekend. Going with a clutch brake set up... easy to make work and I used one on another bike and it worked great.
Do you know the length of axle that the BC1000 used? Not sure I have the right one, doesn't appear to be long enough to add the chain adjusters. Or I swapped the axles by mistake... just thought of that while typing (the BC1300 with the 1000 axle :anon.sml: )

Looks like you're only missing a few parts there :thumbsup: Hell, you should be finished with that one before the next cold front
Hey guys just reading through earlier post and was wondering can you post a pic of the clutch break set up.... I think I want to do a clutch break as well

gbabins1

Hey guys just reading through earlier post and was wondering can you post a pic of the clutch break set up.... I think I want to do a clutch break as well
I can post a picture of it as soon as I get home. It'll stop on a dime and leave a nickel change. I did the same set up on my other Bonanza too. They are by far the best brakes I've used. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

gbabins1

Thanks... Very cool! Came across this color for another project and decided it would look really cool on a mini. It's still the same color today!
Very beautiful bike love the color choice my 1000 is green as well!

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

gbabins1

Pardon the dust and dirt, this one hasn't been clean since our last ride, but here's a few pictures. I just used a bolt with the correct thread pattern and drilled a hole through it where the cable goes in. Make sure the band brake is on the correct way. It should tighten when it grabs the clutch. You'll probably want to fab up a cover too. So I sent over a picture of the cover we made. It's basically the same design on both of our Bonanza's.

Pardon the dust and dirt, this one hasn't been clean since our last ride, but here's a few pictures. I just used a bolt with the correct thread pattern and drilled a hole through it where the cable goes in. Make sure the band brake is on the correct way. It should tighten when it grabs the clutch. You'll probably want to fab up a cover too. So I sent over a picture of the cover we made. It's basically the same design on both of our Bonanza's.

Thankyou very much...

gbabins1

No problem, let me know if you need anything else. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the stopping power of this set up once you get it dialed in.