Pros and cons of 1 engine verses 2 engines

"This is the easiest way."

George3 You sir are the man! That should do exactly what I need. I am going to try it, that's for sure. Now all I need are a couple of 100 inch throttle cables. Thanks man, much appreciated. Doug

Can anybody Identify the exhaust pipe on the red trike in the above video I posted? I like the style and it should work in the space I will have. Thanks

its easy to do, get a clutch with 2 gears for the back motor, and a single gear clutch on the front, easy peasy and burn rubber.
when you make the mounts, you can stand the predators up so it doesnt take a mile long frame and just make new intakes to turn carbs level again.

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

I haven't posted in a while so here is my two cents
one engine is simpler and simpler is better
HOWEVER with two stock engines you have twice the power without effecting dependability you may not go any faster but you will get to top speed quicker and look way cooler doing it
and I have stated this several times before their is no need to sync the engines as long as you have a centrifugal clutch feeding the second engine its power the only thing you need to do is make sure the throttles both open and close at the same time
I am a big fan of multi engine machines mostly just because they are so impressive looking and remind me of the 60s and 70s

Well thanks guys for all the feedback. I have acquired the mounts and sorted out the throttle concerns I had. So it is onward and upward.. It should be fun and it will look cool for sure. I will run them stock for now and they may stay that way permanently. We will see. I will post up some pics when I get the project started.

A.J.

This sounds like a cool idea. My concern would be if they were turning slightly different rpms, the centrifugal clutch on the faster engine could be forced work so hard that it begins to slip, wearing it out much more quickly, because of the "drag" from the slower engine. Or I may just be completely wrong.. It's hard for me without seeing it all together or drawing myself a diagram lol.

Either way, really cool project.

My concern would be if they were turning slightly different rpms, the centrifugal clutch on the faster engine could be forced work so hard that it begins to slip, wearing it out much more quickly, because of the "drag" from the slower engine.
In my experience this does not occur.
In fact, engines self synchronize. This means that both engines fire at the same time and turn the same RPM. There is no controlling the syncing.
I do not understand why this happens...but it does.
Impossible to tell if one is pulling harder than the other and definitely do not spin at different RPM once the clutches are fully engaged.

Thanks for the continued input on this thread guys. This is my go by picture, courtesy of Gary Costanza aka Sneaks, Widow Maker.

Last edited: