Pulled over again

This is getting old. Finally a sunny day and 56 degrees. Pull the bike out and take a short ride. 5 minutes after I get home, the same cop from the other day pulls up to my house. Same person had called. Reads me the riot act again and says if he sees me riding the gold DB, he will impound it and put me in jail for reckless driving.

Seriously considering selling the gold DB and the Hot Rod 390 project.

Currently boxing up the project parts and putting them in the attic.

Offers considered.

I am not angry about this, just :sad:

Don't lose hope Don. I know it sucks, I am luckier then most and I have a farm to ride my bikes on, and there are no cops in the area. Don't give up your minis though, because then the a-hole who keeps calling the cops truly wins because he wrecked your fun. I don't really have any good advice on the matter, but I hope it works out for you Don, would hate to see you leave the hobby.

Don't sell it... Let them catch you and take it... Make sure you have a helmet cam and video the whole thing...Be an internet hero....:thumbsup:

Don't lose hope Don. I know it sucks, I am luckier then most and I have a farm to ride my bikes on, and there are no cops in the area. Don't give up your minis though, because then the a-hole who keeps calling the cops truly wins because he wrecked your fun. I don't really have any good advice on the matter, but I hope it works out for you Don, would hate to see you leave the hobby.
i agree, dont sell, quiet it down and then find out who the curmudgeon is that keeps calling and crap on their car hood:anon.sml:

Here in Toronto I go to a public park and boat launch--it is huge. The police have stopped by many times and just watched or on a warm day in Jan the police told me to be careful(felt sorry for old gray haired guy re-living his childhood) Don't give up buddy--just don't ride them on the public roads.

i agree, dont sell, quiet it down and then find out who the curmudgeon is that keeps calling and crap on their car hood:anon.sml:
I am not quite to the sell point, but I am packing up the Build-Off bike. Mods can go ahead and move my entry to the regular project log. I have too many other legal to ride things that need work before summer comes on.

Tired of just putting around and getting this crap. I seriously was not going fast. Just putting. Even waved at some of the neighbors, and they waved back, but not "him".

I know who it is. Same guy that called last time. Saw him talking with the cop just before the first time I was pulled over.

I don't look at it as him winning, just me loosing.

As for where to ride, the only legal areas are offroad parks or private property. My DBs were built for asphalt. The local boat launch is a no go. All the local trails are posted "no motorized vehicles". I suppose when Evergreen Speedway has its 1/8th drags in the summer, I could go ride. My yard is less than half an acre and in town. My friends with property live in rugged terrain.

Maybe I could swap out the tires for off-road knobbies, but with no suspension and my old body....

As it stands now, the DBs gets parked. Need to lay low for a while.

MikeBear

Ok, you know who the guy is. Any chance of at least pretending to make friends with him? Teach HIM how to ride a mini, and try to get him hooked a bit. Then, call the cops on HIM, and wander off where they can't see you when they arrive! :laugh:

Once they bust him, life should be better...

oldsledz

Ok, you know who the guy is. Any chance of at least pretending to make friends with him? Teach HIM how to ride a mini, and try to get him hooked a bit. Then, call the cops on HIM, and wander off where they can't see you when they arrive! :laugh:

Once they bust him, life should be better...
Ya he gets caught riding your 4500.00 gold DB it gets impounded and he has to pay for it!

Find a legal place to ride , or at least away from houses like an industrial park or such and enjoy your bikes.
I love my minis and it would be great to cruise my neighbor hood but kids on noisey ringadingy pocket bikes ruined that.
I use mine at the cottage and take them out to local industrial park on the weekends

Next time you ride ..... just get a dozen glazed doughnuts , tie them around your neck on a string , when pulled over shake them a little bit ..... Problem solved :eek:ut::thumbsup::laugh:

When stopped I just pull over to the side of the road and hand the officer my registration and insurance card:thumbsup:

Last edited:

vwfan79

I feel your pain and it SUCKS, I've been talked to 3 times by the same cop, he came to my work twice and my house once. I now either ride in the school parking lot by my house for tuning or I load the bike up and take them somewhere out of town. I wish I could just cruise the neighborhood but not worth losing the bikes over and I enjoy them too much to get rid of them. Keep your head up it will work out in the end:thumbsup:

45t

Add lights, get plates, make 'em legal. Then ride them all day long and really rub it in.
I agree. Or find a cheap moped or other legal type of bike paint it up the same as your DB. Make sure you are all legal with plates, license etc, then go riding by his house a few times and have him call the cops on you. He will look like a horse's ass and the cop will be pissed that he got called out.

He is eventually going to wear out the patience of the police and they will stop responding to him.

I love living in the country, I ride my minis and various carts all over the place, up to the corner store, down the road to the flea market, over to my buddy's house 10 miles away etc etc. nobody cares out here.