Pulsa-jet carb. question

I could use a little information here fellows. I have two 3hp Briggs motors I'm rebuilding and the pulsa-jet carbs. are in pretty rugged shape. However, sitting on the shelf I have two other pulsa-jet carbs. that came off of 5hp Briggs motors and they are in excellent condition. My question is: can I use the 5hp carbs. on the 3hp motors without changing the jets or making other internal modifications? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Ogy

buckeye

Ogy, I think I tried that once and I didn't change jets and couldn't get it to idle right.
But, then. I am getting a bit absent minded and it could have been a 3hp on a 5hp.
Someone much smarter than I will know.
Glad you're back at man.
Can't wait to see one of these Campus bike done.

The long pickup tube is longer. Easy fix. Throttle shaft is different. Easy to swap or you could possibly still use the 5hp. shaft. I think the jet is the same. If not change it.

Ogy, if you pull the jet out I believe it is marked with the size. I think they are the same too for some reason. As stated above, the biggest difference is the pick up tube for tank depth.