purchase in process. Intek 206 6Hp

LONG

looking to get this engine to replace the 5 Hp flat head.
Pros/ Cons. looks like there are a ton of parts and reference on this site. I'm too lazy to look.

can throttle be easily adapted? fab own brackets, or is there a cheap aftermarket?

this will be going on a sensation mb-6 with jackshaft.
photo 1.JPG

CarPlayLB

show us a pic of the carb! That will help.

That engine is nearly the same as the Briggs Animal and most of the parts interchange.

I always prefer an OHV over a flathead on a modern mini. Just my opinion, and I know there are some folks on hear that love their flatheads. That's fine. Different strokes for different folks. Now, I love the looks of an old flathead on an old bike, don't get me wrong.

I have that exact motor on a large el-cheapo mini I use as a pit bike/Jr. Dragster tow vehicle. I fab'd my own linkage - I can get a picture, but I have to take the tank off. Give me a couple days.

I have that exact motor on a large el-cheapo mini I use as a pit bike/Jr. Dragster tow vehicle. I fab'd my own linkage - I can get a picture, but I have to take the tank off. Give me a couple days.

The linkage "under drives" -for lack of better words-the throttle. For example for very 1/4 inch or so the throttle handle is twisted, it only pulls about an 1/8 of an inch on the carb.

Last edited:

LONG

thanks again guys!. bought it, rebuilt carb, and mounted. this was a direct bolt on and everything lines up. would not fit with fuel tank. so, i'll have to find one to mount. runs great and I think there will be plenty of power. just been cruising with hand lever for throttle......I started a PROJECT thread. Cheers!

IMG_1826.JPG IMG_1824.JPG

Long, i manage to pick up 3 of those 206cc engines, one had a electric start. Gonna take one of them and build a hopefully nice engine. A guy i know is supposed to sell me a animal head. He says the animal head is different the the stock intek 206 head. Haven't got the head yet but is sending me pix of it before i buy. Gonna put a .308 cam and billet rod in it and PZ22 carb with manifold and see if it will keep up with my clones and predators. Can't wait !

LONG

Long, i manage to pick up 3 of those 206cc engines, one had a electric start. Gonna take one of them and build a hopefully nice engine. A guy i know is supposed to sell me a animal head. He says the animal head is different the the stock intek 206 head. Haven't got the head yet but is sending me pix of it before i buy. Gonna put a .308 cam and billet rod in it and PZ22 carb with manifold and see if it will keep up with my clones and predators. Can't wait !
sounds like a lot of fun. I love tinkering on stuff. just now getting into these! a lot to learn.