put a real motor on my spyder...

so i dropped a valve on my pred motor and i decided to put the raptor 3 motor on my spyder...

BIG DIFFRENCE!
the bike pulls like a raped ape

the mods to the motor are...

big cam ( not sure on size)
arc rod
bigger valves
eyebrows shaved
decked block and milled head
double valve springs and aluminum retainers that are a BIT*H to remove fyi
3 hp flywheel
tilliotson car intake and stack
3 stage trumpet end header
bullet lifters
welder lifter area
.10 over flattop piston
portedand polished intake port and exhaust port
the intake is matched to the block
the bike currently did 54 mph with me on it 320 lbs.
with issues i dono if its low on compression or its the carb
need to throw a comp tester on it and find out.
motor makes anywhere from 15-20 hp according to my EX autoteacher who built it the thing halls ass and i had it past 7500 r.p.m on my other frame a couple years back heres a pic

so i dropped a valve on my pred motor and i decided to put the raptor 3 motor on my spyder...

BIG DIFFRENCE!
the bike pulls like a raped ape

the mods to the motor are...

big cam ( not sure on size)
arc rod
bigger valves
eyebrows shaved
decked block and milled head
double valve springs and aluminum retainers that are a BIT*H to remove fyi
3 hp flywheel
tilliotson car intake and stack
3 stage trumpet end header
bullet lifters
welder lifter area
.10 over flattop piston
portedand polished intake port and exhaust port
the intake is matched to the block
the bike currently did 54 mph with me on it 320 lbs.
with issues i dono if its low on compression or its the carb
need to throw a comp tester on it and find out.
motor makes anywhere from 15-20 hp according to my EX autoteacher who built it the thing halls ass and i had it past 7500 r.p.m on my other frame a couple years back heres a pic

SupaFly just wanted to let you know that your Raptor with the mods listed makes no where near 15-20 hp, sorry.

so i felt this bike was down on power so i took it to my old highschool and did some tests on it it showed 90 psi on the compression test i was like ok its a little low then a put some oil in the cylinder still 90...so i did a leak down test on it...i was loosing 80% on the exhaust side...u can hear air coming thru my header...so i took the motor apart to inspect the valve and it looked goofy i took it out and it was bent! soi needed a valve but no one had any in stock of that size its was a few mm bigger then stock then i remembered i baught 2 sets of valves when i built the motor (05) and i built it in highschool..SO i knew my valves were in there somewhere we search and seach then i remembered my old locker where i kept my parts i never cleaned out ofer i was graduated (06) and MY LOCK WAS STILL ON THERE!!!!! i long forgot the combo to open it so i cut off my lock! and i had a bunch of parts in there and there were my VALVES!!! brand new in the box and as a bonus i found a old pait pf pants with $18 in them! and some misc race parts i had so we did a vave job on the motor with a grinder then lapped them in and 0% loss i didnt hear a peep of air escape i cant wait till its late enough in the day so i can test her out! and feel the diff there was a big diffrence in the pull start and when i started in on the bench it sounded good and idled perfect and revs up great tomarrow if its decent out ill take it for a spin and maybe post a vid

125ccCrazy

Here is an easy test next time you build an engine and do the valves. Before completing the engine install the valves and either hold them closed tight by hand or intsall the springs...pour some rubbing alcohol or a little fuel in the port and look for seepage around the valve...if any leaks out the valve isn't seated good....Just because there is a nice even grey line after lapping the valve doesn't mean it's gonna seat properly...

i ended up putting the predator motor back on this bike and added a black mamba cam and 26 lb valve springs and it woke it up!! pulls soo much better and longer im glad i went with the setup i went with

i didnt get a chance to run it yet man..got too dark i gotta tune it when i started it up it was idleing really high lol but the bike sounded like it had balls