Quick question on gearing doodle bug

DB 30 minibike.
I just purchased a 212 pred and a 12 tooth max torque clutch.
I'm doing a filter/exhaust/main jet/e tube upgrade.
The bike still has the stock rear sprocket. (not sure how many teeth)
will the stock rear gear pull good? Or should I change it as well? If so, what would be a good choice tooth wise?

No jackshaft on it

thanks

trinik7597

stock rear is 72 gives you 6 to1 ratio :thumbsup: predator swap sometimes turns the db into a wheelie machine be carefull :thumbsup:

Awesome. Thanks for the help. Do they make o-ring chains for a #35?
Wondering if the stock chain will be strong enough with the new predator. And no, I'm not thinking that an o-ring is stronger. LOL Would like to get combo of good strength that is an o-ring as well.

If you want decent chain pick up 2 boxes of the rlv gold extreme chain. They have normal and heavy duty. Either one is better than stock. I never broke a chain but I have stretched the crap out of them

If you want decent chain pick up 2 boxes of the rlv gold extreme chain. They have normal and heavy duty. Either one is better than stock. I never broke a chain but I have stretched the crap out of them
Again, thank you guys for all the help. It is much appreciated.

Why do i need 2 chains?
Which brings me to 1 more question. How many links is the stock DB chain?

Can't tell you how many links a stock chain is. You need 2 boxes because 1 isn't long enough. If you have a jack shaft, or tab, one box is long enough. They claim its prestretched but it is will stretch slightly. Baja chain stretched so bad I pulled links out twice. The gold I slid the motor forward a little bit.

You can get RLV chain in 106 links or 120 links. The 120 should be enough.... :shrug:

I always buy the 120 and save the extra pieces. I have made a couple extra chains from the scraps.

Yes , RLV gold on gold is the way to go , aint cheap but its good stuff , My stock DB sprocket is 70 tooth and I'm considering gearing the rear down a little with the split sprocket adapter just to take a little edge off the low end torque , and it will add a little top end as well . The Motovox front suspension adds a little weight too :thumbsup:

lol... the chain is like 30 bucks. I'm used to spending on motorcycles and that can be expensive. Pretty much everything seems to be cheap for the minibikes! Will grab a new chain as well.
Thanks bro's