Quick question

Prolly stupid or been answered, but I searched and couldnt find an exact yes or no related to this..

I just ordered a header from Promod( im sick of my cheeks getting heated up), Just the header no muffler or silencer. Do I HAVE to re-jet the carb after adding just a header??

I dont want to add an air-intake yet, or at all. I run alot off-road and kinda wet and swampy areas, I get all kindsa wet and muddy. Wouldnt an air filter just get ruined if it got soaked? My stock air intake blocks all the water, I kinda like it.:shrug::drinkup:

joekd

Is this going on an all stock clone? If so you will probably end up rejetting, my motor with just a header wouldn't stay running unless I half choked it, rejetted and it was fine

Yea Its going on an otherwise all stock clone. sorry I meant to say that. Really, thats not what I wanted to hear. What size jet should I get? I would of course order from OMBW.

On my last 2 clones I used the 9mm .036 jet from OldMiniBikes WH. Mine were both stock other than a cone air filter and header/muffler. That size works great for me. If you are running all stock other than the header I think the .036 (one size over stock) will work well for you. .037 would probably work good too. Being that they are only a couple of bucks there you could get both and see which works best for you.

So I ordered a .036 & .037. I tried both and I started fine , Idled fine even took off slow fine but then it started crackling and couldnt move. I put the stock jet back in and it runs fine, I just get a wicked cool sounding backfire alot on decel, no biggie to me- just maybe the neighbors:laugh: I just wanted to post this in case it helps anyone out. I am just running a header with everything else stock and did not need to rejet!:shrug: The bike runs great but for surging at top speed, let go of the throttle a bit and its fine:shrug:

I really wanted to solve the surging problem, I guess its just the crappy governor, it shouldnt jolt me when it engages tho right?
I wanna keep the rpms stock , I wanna run a tav and Ive read it uses only stock rpms, no higher!:deal: