rat rod progress

Looks great but arnt the flames backwards?
Damn......that sux......There is a local guy (Roger Lidell aka Mr Backwards) that would love it...he rides his MX at events backwards.....

Roger Lidell of Martinsville, Indiana a.k.a. Mr. Backwards. His claim to fame would be backward motorcycle jumping. Doing this earned him a spot at the Guinness Book of World Records and was even featured on the hit television show "Ripley's Believe it or Not". His latest world record was jumping across six cars backwards.

Last edited:
got the motor cleaned up and mocked up. i will bolt it in after i find a spring for the pull start. then i will order a clutch and chain :wink::smile:

Damn......that sux......There is a local guy (Roger Lidell aka Mr Backwards) that would love it...he rides his MX at events backwards.....

Roger Lidell of Martinsville, Indiana a.k.a. Mr. Backwards. His claim to fame would be backward motorcycle jumping. Doing this earned him a spot at the Guinness Book of World Records and was even featured on the hit television show "Ripley's Believe it or Not". His latest world record was jumping across six cars backwards.
Hey I think I saw him jump in the late 70's at Geauga Lake Park. How old is he and does he still jump?

Seat looks great no matter which way the flames are.

sorry i have been very busy with work and i have a new baby on the way so i havent got much work done but i am going to work on the ratrod tomorrow for sure. will post pics