Rat Rupp Roadter 2

tomsprops

I'm thiking about putting together a RUPP Roadster2 .I have a compleate rolling frame down to the rear torque converter Pulley.
The newest MINI MOTO races is a Off Road coarse.I thought that this would be a great frame for this kinda race. It has 12in rims with frt/rear brakes and some suspension. My question is what it would take to use the torque converter ?Do I purchase just the front pulley and a belt ?
Also hows the gearing on these it looks like a huge rear sprocet ! :confused:

markus

Looks like thats all you need is the TQ and belt, I would get a cover as well though as it all sits REAL CLOSE to your leg! Can't tell you how they run yet as mines not running (yet) the guy I bought it off of was a big dude, make a few on the biggest loser show look skinny, He insisted the bike with Dell on it and no governer was pushing him in the 40's back when he was skinner (at like 300lbs).

If you have the rear clutch pully already on your bike, Call up Ruppparts and ask for a rupp replacement clutch and belt, which will be like the comet style clutch only custom made to fit the rupp and it's 5/8" wide belt

The TC unit is great...3 to 1 low gear, 1 to 1 high gear.....won't ever get that from a clutch. Minis of yester year used 5/8 wide belts. That is why I had a 5/8" clutch made to fit Rupp and Speedway. You need correct length belt as well due to the Rupp engine not being adjustable on the motor plate