Rattin' this one out...

Ratbike

Picked this up last week and am gonna do a quick clean up and some simple mods to not ruin the original set up by welding or cutting on it..:hammer:

Ratbike

Came with a totally destoyed original seat and rear shocks were stuck and rusted out... Got fenders also but were in bad shape as well...I told the guy to keep the motor as it was in bad shape too..The motor in the previous pics is just for measuring to see if an ohv motor will fit..:shrug: Its a Heald Super Bronc VT-8...

I've been threatening to finish mine but my son lost interest due to his long hair and electric guitar but he wants to ride it when I'm done and I'll let him! He's who he is and he dont have to share my enthusiasm for the hobby, I love him no matter!:smile: I am gonna call it the Rat Bastard and if you look you'll see why, it's got some of everything on it from several bikes. It's been running in two different stages but this is basically what it'll look like, I'll show it from the start in the thread but here it is....

Not scratch built like yours Ratbike but I'll do one eventually using square tubing for my 1st as I've worked extensively with it in the past and love the hound dog minibikes of old. You creations amaze and inspire me my friend!:thumbsup:

Hey Rat . I thought the VT8 had the big front end :shrug:Either way thats gonna be cool. I see that big stack of clone motors in the background . NICE !!:thumbsup:

Ratbike

I've been threatening to finish mine but my son lost interest due to his long hair and electric guitar but he wants to ride it when I'm done and I'll let him! He's who he is and he dont have to share my enthusiasm for the hobby, I love him no matter!:smile: I am gonna call it the Rat Bastard and if you look you'll see why, it's got some of everything on it from several bikes. It's been running in two different stages but this is basically what it'll look like, I'll show it from the start in the thread but here it is....

Not scratch built like yours Ratbike but I'll do one eventually using square tubing for my 1st as I've worked extensively with it in the past and love the hound dog minibikes of old. You creations amaze and inspire me my friend!:thumbsup:
Thanks man!!! I just love building them...gives me a sense of accomplishment and I'm very limited on tools so have been forced to make a lot of the parts I have used and found that that makes it even more fun!!!:laugh: Doubt I'll invest in to many more tools as thay may take some of the fun out of it...:shrug:Some of the guys thought my square tubing chopper might not turn out but a little ingenuity makes all the difference in the world and is much more satifying in my opinion:shrug: its fun putting your own twist on them!!!Tell your son that every ROCKSTAR has a mini for a Music video. I saw KID ROCK in Concert a few years ago at the Iowa State Fair and we saw him rippin' around on his mini outside about 20minutes before the concert! It was AWESOME!!!:punk:

Ratbike

Hey Rat . I thought the VT8 had the big front end :shrug:Either way thats gonna be cool. I see that big stack of clone motors in the background . NICE !!:thumbsup:
You May be right ...I think the front tire may have been replaced...not for sure...it is what it is...:shrug: Has the VT8 forks and the original motor was the 8hp. She's gonna be a ROD!!:thumbsup: Not going to use a JS and will be using a mildly modified 6.5 clone as in the backround:scooter:Gotta get those whemn they are on sale you know...Might be over kill but I bought 6 and will only have 3 left when I'm done.

Last edited:
You May be right ...I think the front tire may have been replaced...not for sure...it is what it is...:shrug: Has the VT8 forks and the original motor was the 8hp. She's gonna be a ROD!!:thumbsup: Not going to use a JS and will be using a mildly modified 6.5 clone as in the backround:scooter:Gotta get those whemn they are on sale you know...Might be over kill but I bought 6 and will only have 3 left when I'm done.
It's better to buy in bulk and save than to buy separately and lose money:thumbsup:

Ratbike

Lack of pics... got on a roll I guess...

Got it painted and went with a hammered charcoal grey (dark bronze is what rustoleom calls it) on the frame, handle bars, wheels. Hammered black on the wheel hubs, forks, and fenders.:doah:Bad lighting...kinda hard to distinguish but I thought it looked cool anyway.:shrug:

Ratbike

Motor mount...

Had to remount the motor as the bike was originally designed for a Jack shaft and I tried to move the wheel over some,to line up the sprockets, but that did not work out:shrug:

Ratbike

Made a new seat to fit in front of the fender so it would lay down...Also put a 1'x1' block in the back of the seat under the padding to hold your butt forward so ya won't feel like you are sliding off...I do this on all my seats.(seems to work well):hammer:This will give it that low slung feel...LOW RIDE...I think they wrote a song about that...no no thats "Slow ride, take it easy!"...LOL!!!

Ratbike

Found an original tank in my parts collection that worked out nicely. Still need to put a fuel filter on it...had to heat up and stretch the fuel hose with needle nose pliers to get it over the nipple on the tank as it is bigger than the one on the motor..:confused: I also painted the motor two colors...someone told me black is the new chrome????:shrug:

Found an original tank in my parts collection that worked out nicely. Still need to put a fuel filter on it...had to heat up and stretch the fuel hose with needle nose pliers to get it over the nipple on the tank as it is bigger than the one on the motor..:confused: I also painted the motor two colors...someone told me black is the new chrome????:shrug:
Have you tried using bigger fuel line and clamps? (LOL)

Ratbike

Damm Rat... when do you sleep ????:laugh: That was fast as hell, and it turned out great. Gotta love the Hammer :hammer::hammer::hammer: HAMMER TIME !!!!

(YouTube - Vader Dances to Hammer You Can't Touch This Dance: Star Wars weekends 2009 Disney)
DUDE!! That is too funny!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!! :clap::freakout: I REALLY do like that hammered paint though...I wish it came in some other colors though...I may check Menards next time I'm there I think they carry Hmmered finish paint there as well..:scooter: