Real Black Widow?

I've never seen a red and black one before so figured I post it up for some input. Seems to be all there just no motocross tires? Also never saw a red engine before.

IMG_2710.JPG IMG_2711.JPG

fistfullabar

Rear hub looks wrong. Maybe some one swaped out the wheel at some point? Def a 1970 frame and fork. Swingarm has a larger bushing O.D. in 1971 and up bikes plus 12" wheels. Plus diaphram carb on the 1970 engines and intake is the more common one.

capguncowboy

It's a 70 frame and wheels, but the handlebars look more like the 71. The engine is also a 71 and up engine (big decal wasn't used in 70). The clutch guard and rear sprocket isn't original to any year Rupp as far as I know. The grips and peg covers aren't original to Rupps either. I'd say it's a mash up of a few different bikes.

It's definitely not a Black Widow, but it could be the engine off of one. I even doubt that. The muffler looks like one from a Garden Tiller. Maybe they swapped the shroud over ?

Outside of the engine, there isn't much value there. I'd be very leary of this basket case of a bike

Last edited: