Rear Wheel needs replaced - question(s)

Hello Folks,

The non original rear wheel of my Sensation Mike Bike has broken (drive side of wheel sheared at axle entry), and i need to replace it. I'd like to replace it with a used Sensation Mike Bike rear wheel (if you anyone has one, please let me know), but am fine using some other vintage rear wheel.

The wheel that broke is not original to a Mike Bike (but was on it when i bought it). It is a 6 inch wheel and has a 6 bolt pattern holding the halves together I presume, and holding the 72 tooth sprocket on. (my tire is 4.10/3.50)

Here's picture of the one that was on it:

and a close up of where sheared:

If you look close at the front wheel in this Mike Bike spec sheet, you'll see the original should be a 3 bolt pattern (I think)

My question(s) are -

1 - Given the sprocket appears to be in ok shape, is it that difficult to find a used 6 inch 6 bolt pattern wheel for use on the rear, and just replace the wheel ?

2 - Or is it easier to find a (vintage) 6 inch wheel and sprocket together ?

3 - And the 3 bolt original wheel in the spec sheet - is that wheel proprietary to Sensation, or is that a recognizeable wheel that was on more than one mfg's mini (and possibly easily sourced) ?

I know ... lots of questions...but i've found there is a wealth of knowledge amongst the members of our OldMiniBikes site...and I need to know, so i'm asking ! I thank you all for your input :thumbsup: .

KK please feel free to enlarge these pic's so folks don't have to take an extra step and can view it on this page - thank you !

RobertC

45t

The wheel you have is a Rupp turbine. You might want to post in the parts wanted section for an original sensation wheel and see if someone has one. If you want another Rupp wheel, there is a set on ebay right now. Or you could go the custom route and pic up a nice set of aftermarket wheels (it'll cost a lil more).

The wheel you have is a Rupp turbine. You might want to post in the parts wanted section for an original sensation wheel and see if someone has one. If you want another Rupp wheel, there is a set on ebay right now. Or you could go the custom route and pic up a nice set of aftermarket wheels (it'll cost a lil more).
Hello 45T, thanks for the input, and info.

Since i had questions, i was not sure where to put this thread.

I've had a couple nice folks pm me, one w/ a set of rupp wheels, and another w/ possible set of Sensation wheels. Since i'm learning I'll keep the post up, to see what folks responses are, and what other options come up. (once i know exacltly what i'm hunting - if i haven't already found it :laugh: - i'll post a thread in the parts wanted section).

Thanks again,

RobertC