Rear wheel spacer size?

Does anyone know the size of the two spacers used on the rear wheel? I figured I would make them myself but im having a hard time finding their size. Mainly the length. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

S

sosa

Use washers to mock up and when you got what you need measure it and have one made to your needs .

Hey Silentsnow, you are in luck...mine is disassemble so I was able to measure for you. 18mm or real close to 3/4 inch and the other is 11mm or real close to 1/2 inch. Obvious the inside diameter is just a bit larger than the axle and the thickness is 6mm or real close to 1/4 inch thick. Hope this helps. This is for a DB30S. You did not specify which model Baja you have.

Hey Silentsnow, you are in luck...mine is disassemble so I was able to measure for you. 18mm or real close to 3/4 inch and the other is 11mm or real close to 1/2 inch. Obvious the inside diameter is just a bit larger than the axle and the thickness is 6mm or real close to 1/4 inch thick. Hope this helps. This is for a DB30S. You did not specify which model Baja you have.
I have an older style db30. Same kinda thing right? Thank you for that!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yup that worked. I have another issue now though. It seems that my bolt is too short even though it measures the same 19.5 inches that it should be (according to what I found online). The castle nut wont go on far enough to show the hole in the bolt where the cotter pin goes.

Last edited:
I had one of my son's DB30 axles seem a little too short also (so I ground the nut down a little to get another half turn or so), voiding my warranty I'm sure, lol)

Thats a great idea. Ill have to measure and see if I can take that much material off it. Ill try and get it on the lathe at work so its a clean cut. Luckily I dont have to worry about a warranty lol.

Yup that worked. I have another issue now though. It seems that my bolt is too short even though it measures the same 19.5 inches that it should be (according to what I found online). The castle nut wont go on far enough to show the hole in the bolt where the cotter pin goes.
FYI...when I was assembling mine, I kept having the same issue, but it is because I found the front axle/bolt is a little bit shorter. I put the right one in and it worked fine. I never measured them to see, but definitely would do as you stated with the nut and hole if I used the wrong one. Easy to tell the front axle from back for me as the rear axle was much more discolored due to wear and grease etc. I would try the other axle to make sure before grinding etc. Good luck

FYI...when I was assembling mine, I kept having the same issue, but it is because I found the front axle/bolt is a little bit shorter. I put the right one in and it worked fine. I never measured them to see, but definitely would do as you stated with the nut and hole if I used the wrong one. Easy to tell the front axle from back for me as the rear axle was much more discolored due to wear and grease etc. I would try the other axle to make sure before grinding etc. Good luck
Compared the two axles and I am definitely using the longer of the two. The front one seems to be a smaller diameter too. I could have the wrong axles all together. I did get this from a friend in pieces lol.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So im dumb lol.

I went to install my front rim that showed up today and the shaft seemed too long. I took everything apart and put the two bolts side by side and I was indeed trying to use the front on the rear. I checked that at least twice and didn't catch it. Was a derp moment on my part.... Everything fits fine now.