Red Rocket Project

I recently got a vintage Minibike... in good shape but not the best, bent handle bars, cracked frame, and some missing parts.

I will be Restoring this bike from now until the summer, i will try to keep it as original as possible.

the engine is an old 3.5 G100 Honda Flathead, it has a homemade strait-piped exhaust with no muffler (its made out of 3/4 inch pipe). The engine needs some work... the carburetor keeps leaking fuel, i think its a stuck float, and it needs cleaning after sitting for 10 years. But overall it runs very well... it started after 3 pulls.

this project will hopefully take me about 2-3 months... working on it after school during the week, and on weekends when i don't work.

I will be posting pics of before, after and during the project

Well the valves on the bike leak a little... but the engine still runs very strong! I may have to end up changing the valves on it! that pretty good considering the engine has never had any parts changed on it and has ran very good since the late 60's... the only thing changed on it, is it has had parts removed... the air box, starter recoil (now just using an old chord and wrap it around the starter cup) the muffler was removed and replaced with just a pipe, the insulator cap was removed (if you get too close to the plug it shocks you) and the governor was removes (so there's no rev limit)

I'm pretty sure the man i got just started ripping/bashing :hammer: everything off it to make it look cool... i also think the old man wasn't all there :eek:ut: (if you know what i mean)

I will be posting pics later on tonight or tomorrow morning! :thumbsup:

Here are the pics.

I finally got the time to post these pics... here they are

the bike is a little rough, but it goes good... when I'm done it should look nice

the frame needs to be repainted... and I will put Vinyl stickers on the front plate that say "Red Rocket".

The fuel tank is from a snow blower, it works fine for now... but I would like to find a vintage minibike tank to install on it.

See what I mean about the engine getting butchered :hammer:? it has quite a few parts taken off of it

the seat isn't in the best of shape, bit I will be recovering it with a new piece of water proof material.

You know what kind of bike it is? It kinda looks like a rigid frame Keystone I saw a picture of on minidoodle.com :shrug: not sure though.