Rejet Predator 212 with stock airbox?

Hey guys I have a Predator 212 with a header. Is there any advantage to rejet the carb if I'm using a stock air box? Or just leave it alone? I really think a aftermarket filter would get physically destroyed on my bike. I also do tons of riding in the dirt and the stock box does an amazing job of keeping out dirt and going looong periods between cleanings so I think it might stay for now. Just wondering if a rejet would help or hurt without the large filter.

Thanks

CarPlayLB

Typically I would never contradict Trinik, as he is real smart, and me? Not so much! But here I go...sorry T!

so many of these new engines run really lean out of the box, especially in California, to get past the emissions restrictions. The header may have a tendency to lean it out even more. I would run it and check the plug. That is the only real way to know.

...and while I am pissing people off, both mentioned having headers, but want a stock airbox. The idea behind the header is a performance increase...get more air out of the engine...but you have restricted that by using the stock airbox which will not allow "more air in". The aftermarket filters do hang out there pretty good, and I can see the concern...but you guys certainly are creative enough to make your own air box or remotely mount a filter...right? Get creative at the hardware store and make something that will meet your needs...PVC pipe and some creativity goes a long way!

I do have an after market filter..the problem was it wouldn't fit on the Mister moto frame...some creativity would help I'm sure..but that's the a problem as well.. Couldnt figure a creation...I'm going to put the original jet back in and the original exhaust like nothing ever happened.. I was abit overzealous when I first got the bike...I'll get another bike (non monster moto) and fit it with the performance parts...wait did I say get another bike?? Yikes..LOL THANKS FELLAS