Rejetting after intake and header upgrade

Creia i havent purchased it yet. Was gonna buy the header first than the air intake kit which does come with the kit. If i do buy the header should i rejet with that or will it be ok until i can purchase the intake kit

Creia i havent purchased it yet. Was gonna buy the header first than the air intake kit which does come with the kit. If i do buy the header should i rejet with that or will it be ok until i can purchase the intake kit
My answer was based on your ORIGINAL question where you asked about changing/installing BOTH the header and air filter.
Michael

Anytime you increase the air flow, into the intake, you should increase the main jet size in the carb. This applies to any gas engine of modern build. Due to EPA regs, the engines are tuned to run about as lean as possible. When you increase the volume of air entering the engine, the mixture is altered, (leaned out even more). Too lean can burn holes in pistons and fry the edges of valves.
Besides, putting a little more gas into the extra air just makes it a little more powerful.

Hey I'm new to this but I need help trying to figure out why my predator 212 will only run with the the choke on half way. I've done some upgrades( cam, aluminum rod, flat top piston, fly wheel, 14cc head valves springs etc)

you did all these modifications without considering the affects they would have on fuel/air delivery???

why would you install a new cam without considering air and fuel flow through the engine??? enquiring
minds want to know! :thumbsup:

phil