Removed governor, no extra power :(

DANP

Pulled the governor out, billet rod and flywheel, new throttle linkage setup, took it for a ride and I got sad. Nothing happened. I thought I was going to to 60 MPH :shrug:

well, what kind of bike and how fast did you go? how fast do you want to go? the governor removal will allow the motor to rev higher, but doesnt mean it will get there any faster... IMO... the first motor in my project (now in the wifes kart), had billet rod, billet flywheel, cam, springs, carb upgraded jet, etube, air filter, custom exhaust, etc. top speed 45 mph, the sprocket setup would be the limit there... in the wifes kart same motor, over 50 mph before letting off...

depending on your bike and setup, the motor may not be the limiting factor, at this point... but if you want to rev high and produce more torque (to get anywhere near 60), I believe you will have to do more than what youve done...

Pulled the governor out, billet rod and flywheel, new throttle linkage setup, took it for a ride and I got sad. Nothing happened. I thought I was going to to 60 MPH :shrug:
60mph is a fairly expensive proposition on a mini... or to at least do that safely.

While you've gained potential to rev higher, your fuel delivery system & valvetrain are STOCK, leaving you with nothing but a high-revving, comparatively anemic engine that's going to eat a rod at some point.

If you want to go fast, you need to build the motor from the ground up. And that ain't cheap. That also includes the rest of the drivetrain as well, and selecting components that will function under those stresses.

It has to be at least a little faster turning 5500revs rather than 3600revs, you should have checked your actual top speed by radar or GPS prior to doing the mods and then after.:shrug: