Reputable Clone Engine Builders? 20+HP Pump Gas Build...

I'm interested in having some work done on a 6.5 clone engine. My goal is to make 20 horsepower on 91 octane.

I know there's AGK, NR-Racing, and Stout Racing Engines. Any others? Looking to spend less than $800.00 to make this much power.

you might want to talk to minidragbike. 20hp for $800 might be hard to do with new stuff. i was looking for 20-23hp on alcohol for my GX200 build before i aborted it and it was going to run me over $1,500.

you'll probably want to start with a real GX200. just a new case (no crank) will run you around $150.

there are 20+hp clones, but a Honda case/crank is much better quality. if you're going to spend a bunch on go-fast parts there's no reason to skimp on the case/crank.

I'm interested in having some work done on a 6.5 clone engine. My goal is to make 20 horsepower on 91 octane.

I know there's AGK, NR-Racing, and Stout Racing Engines. Any others? Looking to spend less than $800.00 to make this much power.
If you want spend that kind of money,you might as well go to a junkyard and get a motorcycle or snowmobile engine for a couple of hundred bucks.:blink:

No offense..but your asking for a new car at a used car price. You can make 20hp for under that...but you will have alot of used parts and engine builders aren't cheap either. Good luck and keep us posted if you accomplish this.:thumbsup:

Quote from Lewis Stout of Stout Racing Engines

"We build modified clones here. We do our own port work to the head and get it to 0 deck for the highest compression possible. I would suggest methanol for
fuel since it runs cooler than gas. We also use a tillison carb and this setup is good for 22 hp. Cost around 1000.00 race ready."
Lewis

Might consider going with these guys! Any input?