Reunited

I managed to locate, after weeks of searching, The first rupp I ever built.
I drove an hour and 45 miniutes and after gruleing negotiations. I paid the guy $300 to get it back. All I did was adjust the carb and it runs like new again. This was the best running bike I have ever had and it pulls like a moose, even with me on it. Torqe, torqe, and more torque
--
It has a tec H40 big block, Series 4 tec carb, Comet 30 driver and driven, pretty new cheng-shin 3.00x12 tires, front & rear brakes and Almost new prima cables.
--
It looks like he barely rode it as it is sporting the same rattle can paint scheme it had when I traded it to him. I plan on dialing in the carb a bit more, Maybe cleaning the clutch faces and driving the Pi$$ out of it tomorrow.
Badda-Bing.... SCORE!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

----
Here is a pic after I finished it a few years ago.

Not a bad looking Rupp. Looks like a 71 frame and wheels with a 70 front end on it. You should try and get a HS50 in it and warm it up, the engine would not look so big in it.

Not a bad looking Rupp. Looks like a 71 frame and wheels with a 70 front end on it. You should try and get a HS50 in it and warm it up, the engine would not look so big in it.
I thought it was a 1970 with roadster 12" wheels. But I cant tell the difference between 70 & 71 frames, to me only the forks look different. You could be right about it being a 71 with just 1970 forks.
---
Yeah, the engine looks huge!!, Especailly on the right side. I didnt like the way it looked at first. But I had the motor kicking around and at the time, it was the best running motor I had. This one ildes perfect, starts on one or two pulls, and runs real hard. It tops out at 37MPH on the straight (gps verified)& I weigh 170, but the launch will what is so special about this one. It will snap you off if you are not ready for it.
--
I may be wrong, but someone once told me that the H motors have a longer stroke and better torqe, but less rpms causing a sacrifice in top speed. I dont know if that is accurate, But I do know that if you mash the throttle, It will wheelie every time. Even while rolling...
--
I am not sure if it is the comet 30 driver and 6" driven, the H series motor, Or the series 4 carb that is on it (I believe series 4 carbs were used on 8-12.5 horse motors and have a larger venturi). Or maybe the combination of all three? But Im just scared to change it because it works so darned well. :shrug:

It looks like a 71 frame in your bottom picture,The way to tell the two apart is the way the footpegs drop down on the 71 frames and the 70's have a lip turned out and the foot pegs are higher up in the frame.Also longer swingarm on 71 and up with 12 inch wheels.
1970 frame

1971 and up frame

Awesome!
Thanks for posting those pics and edumacating me.
I never knew how to tell the two apart until now..
Yep.. I think it is a 71 with 70 forks.