richtrix vintage class Wild Goose, just in time

IJG

Wolf Howl''

OwUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU HOOOOOOOooooooooo''' :drool:
Thats a Sexy Bitch! I dig Her.
Can you rub her handle bar & tell her Jimmey said Hi?
I'd ride her naked.
Yeah the orange looks awesome, & I love the rims.
I :laugh:((think)) :laugh:i'm envious.
I have no idea the tally up of the work done so far but'' I am curious to know though' Good Luck With you're Build.

Two speed nightmare

Well I've done it now......I was laying in bed last night when it occurred to me that the clutch brake won't work with the two speed clutch! The low gear sprocket allows the jackshaft to spin through it so stopping the clutch will have no effect on the jackshaft. Now that the frame is powder coated I'll have to figure out a way to have brakes without welding on the frame.

I'm thinking I'll put a 4" drum brake on the opposite side from the sprocket using the small hole in the axle plate to put the brake backing plate stop pin in. I'll have to make a cable adjuster and weld it to the plate......Dang, more $$$

Well I've done it now......I was laying in bed last night when it occurred to me that the clutch brake won't work with the two speed clutch! The low gear sprocket allows the jackshaft to spin through it so stopping the clutch will have no effect on the jackshaft. Now that the frame is powder coated I'll have to figure out a way to have brakes without welding on the frame.

I'm thinking I'll put a 4" drum brake on the opposite side from the sprocket using the small hole in the axle plate to put the brake backing plate stop pin in. I'll have to make a cable adjuster and weld it to the plate......Dang, more $$$
You have a Comet-style jackshaft... the 2nd gear clutch bell turns with the jackshaft... put a clutch band brake around the jackshaft bell?

Last edited:
I had a little time today so I put the wheels together and sized the axle bushings to center the wheels. I've got to put a pin in the kickstand. The old one broke off so the stand folds both ways. Put the fenders on and the frame is done and I can start cleaning and painting the Tecumseh.

That looks awesome :bowdown:: Very nice work:thumbsup:

brake time!

Thanks for all the nice comments!
I spent a couple of hours in the shop this evening. Since I discovered that the clutch brake will not work with a 2 speed I bought a 5" bendix brake and sprocket from Allied Leisure. I had to bore the center hole to fit the hub on my wheel. I then made a cable bracket that mounts on the axle and brake stop bolt. I made 2 new axle bushings and 4 bolt spacers. I think it will work out fine. I have to get some shorter bolts and paint the new brake/sprocket and I'll be set. A lot of work just because I used a 2 peed jackshaft!

Stripping paint

Got the engine mostly stripped. That old paint is tough, especially on the block. Raining today so waiting for better weather to paint.