Rim Painting Problem Solved

While preparing my "forty" Fox Campus wheel rims for painting I ran into a problem in that they did not want to hang vertical. See Pic #1. After testing and scrapping twenty or more methods I came up with a bracket that neatly solved the problem. Pic #2 shows a hanger that I fabricated out of 1/2" X 1/8" flat iron. After bending the hanger to shape; a 1/4" bolt was cut to length; notched on the end; and tack welded into place like in Pic #3. Pic #4 shows the rim now being held vertically with plenty of space for spraying and only touching in two tiny areas which will not be visible once the two halves are bolted together. Pic #5 shows the front face of the rim which is now totally open and free of any obstructions. In less than two hours I whipped up twenty of these hangers and that will allow me to spray twenty rim halves at a time. Ogy

Ogy that's a great idea, I'm going to try it for electrolytic derusting and for powder coating.

20 at a time? Oh man, my minibike disease hasn't got me in that deep a grip yet! I was thinkin' of making 4...

Jon

How much:shrug: nice one sir :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Tank, I'm not sure in what context you are asking how much. If you mean the cost to make them: about 35 cents. If you mean how much for ME to make and sell them: I'm thinking somewhere around $19.95 each. But wait; order now and I'll include a second one free; just pay separate process and handling. LOL. Ogy

Tank, I'm not sure in what context you are asking how much. If you mean the cost to make them: about 35 cents. If you mean how much for ME to make and sell them: I'm thinking somewhere around $19.95 each. But wait; order now and I'll include a second one free; just pay separate process and handling. LOL. Ogy
Was hinting that the idea was so cool you could make money off it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was hinting that the idea was so cool you could make money off it:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Then I wouldn't have any time to work on my Fox Campus restorations...LOL. However, in all seriousness; the idea is so simple that anybody would be foolish to pay for one when in a matter of minutes they could fabricate one from a bolt and some scrap steel they had lying around the shop. While I've got you hear Tank, how did you make out on those Bendix springs? Did anyone take you up on your offer to have some made? Ogy

While I've got you hear Tank, how did you make out on those Bendix springs? Did anyone take you up on your offer to have some made? Ogy
Yep - Had 20 made up - worked out to about $2.00 each from my side.
They're on there way to Doc now, he's acting as my franchise:wink::laugh:

PM him - he said he was planning on seeing you soon:thumbsup: